Synthetic seagull recalls

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hy guys,
I would like to know what kind of sound effect is present in these two sound tracks that I compressed in this zip archive.
synthetic_seagull_recalls.zip
These are two excerpts from "track 5" of the soundtrack of the LucasArts video game "AfterLife";
and an excerpt from a cover of a major Italian song.

In both tracks you can clearly hear sounds (most likely from a sampler), like short sweeps increasing in frequency played in different octaves. They remind me of 'synthetic seagull calls'.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be a preset of some synthesiser of the time (we are talking about the period from 1996 to 1998) given the improbability, in my opinion, of the musicians of the two tracks being able to talk or exchange sounds with each other.

What do you think about that?
Thank you so much for your help
n
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hi guys,
i think I've eventually found a clue about the sound I'm looking for.
It seems clear to me that, what you can listen inside the tracks I've previously shared, is coming from a sampler playing this sample which is called "Vox Gothic".
Vox Gothic.zip
I casually found it inside a soundfont I've downloaded from here which is called "all voices.sf2".

Anyone has an idea of what could be the source of this file?
Thank you so much
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Didn't listen to the sound examples because I can't be bothered to download your zip files, but I can tell you that David Gilmour created his infamous "segulls" sound on Echoes with a wah pedal plugged in backwards. This is the same sound heard in Fascination Street from The Cure.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Sound Design”