Help: old Emagic Logic Audio EXSP24 and EVP73 original (Windows PC) install CD .iso needed

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:pray: Images (iso) files of the original installation CDs of the old EXSP24 VST and (less needed) EVP73 VST for Windows PC from Emagic Logic Audio (for version 5.5.) very needed :pray:

HI, first of all this is not a joke neither a necro post or vintage software addiction.
I am on Windows PC (Win10 64 bit). I own legit copy since 2003 of the very last Logic AUdio (basic version, not the Platinum one) that was available for PC Windows before they moved to MAc only and becoming an Apple product.
I still have all my boxes, XSkey usb pen and cd installers for all my product and suddenly but very important reasons I had to reopen a good bunch of tracks I produced back in time with Logic Audio on PC.
Now here's the issue and really needed help: I managed to install the daw and related extras but the CD with the EVP73, but most importantly, the CD with the EXSP24 had the installer worked properly but not all the included file were readable, I guess those 2 cd have some scratch and stains issues on the readable laser side, not the printed side, due to 20 years of time...
I do need to authorize at first launch after install at least the EXSP24 vst, it asks to insert the installation cd but even inserted it keeps asking for it, so I guess it's not capable to read specifically the file on the cd that needs to read. Again the installer files were readable but strangely not the whole cd.
The plugins are already authorized on the XSkey usb pen already inserted, in fact I can launch the LOGIC AUDIO 5.5.1 (already installed the very last update available and running) but I am not able to have the EXSP24 get authorized once at a first launch by the cd.
(Same the EVP73 vst but that is less needed).
here's my help request: if there is anyone around here after 20 years of Logic Audio still owning the original CDs of installation of EXSP24 and (less needed) EVP73, and of course working, would be so greatly kind to make me a copy as .iso of the installation cd and allow me to download it from let say dropbox or similar? I then will burn those to a new cd and see if I am able to finally authorize at first launch at least the EXSP24 (not the full EXS24..I was not using\owning it and those projects I need to open used only the EXSP24)
That would be extremely welcomed and appreciated and would take me out of this bad situation.
I really need to reopen those old projects using those vst :pray: .
If anyone's around capable of doing so please message. :hug:
Sorry for bothering you guys and thanks a lot. :dog:
Bests
Diego

the http://macos9lives.com/ forums should.
Happy Techno-necromancing!

A word of advice with the images from OS9 Lives.. You need to make sure you get an actual bit for bit ISO copy of those discs. Emagic used those weird hybrid cd's back then, there's a Mac side and a PC side, make sure you get the actual disc instead of just one of the 'partitions' on it. Depending on how they made the image, it may have only ripped the mounted part of the disc which would only be the Mac side (or the Windows side depending on where it was made)..

if I recall correctly, there were tricksy things done with the Logic disks so they could not be copied and then used to authorize the software. When my copy asked for the disk, it did about a minute of grinding to complete the authorization process. It always made me nervous regarding my CD drive. It was that bad.

So, simple copies may not work.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Daw and plugin serials authorizations are on my usb XSkey, luckily still working, but yeah the random additional auth. for EXSP24 and EVP73 asks for CD at launch. And indeed I've experienced that problem, with years passing by part of the original CD is unreadable. That's the origin old the problem.
Thanks for the advice above but so far I found only mac users and I need windows CD so no mac stuff, also, no, often you were able to purchase a box, like I did, coming only with your OS chosen version so no double side with Win and Mac together. In fact I had only Windows CDs. I guess I was one of the very few owners and users of logic audio 5 on Windows in those years :-D . I need only to be able to open some 20 songs and see what I was using and render track by track out, then I'm ok.
At the end so far I found a workaround, hopefully working for as long as I need to recover/export stems from those projects.
I was able to authorize EXSP24 which was the most important one, but not evp73 but it's ok, that is not a problem.
Thanks everyone.

Thats weird, I still have the boxes for Platinum 4-Logic Pro 7 or 8 and I am pretty sure my Platinum 5 was for both platforms.. My SoundDiver CD has both Windows and Mac versions on it, as does the EXS24 and Unitor 8 installer CD (Yes I actually paid $250 for EXS right before they included it for free). They were 'hybrid' cds with a Windows partition and a Mac HFS partition. The 'copy protection' is a gigantic file that takes up the whole rest of the cd. On Sound Diver its like a big 500MB file, the installers and everything are only like 100MB if that heh. Good old Apple decided a couple operating systems ago that nobody needed to read HFS partitions anymore, so you can't even read those on a modern Mac.

My Logic Platinum 5 CD is both Mac and Windows, you see the Mac stuff when mounted on a Mac, and the PC stuff when mounted on Windows. Not sure what version it is, but it can be updated to 5.5.1 using the updaters freely found online. I just dug this out for someone the other day, though I've since removed the files.

The thread is here though: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/top ... rogram-cd/

I don't think it will authorise those plugins though, you'd need their installer disks for that, not the Logic Platinum installer disks.

(The Mac CD partition reads fine on my Mojave Intel MBP, but not on my M1 MBP...)

beely wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:26 pm (The Mac CD partition reads fine on my Mojave Intel MBP, but not on my M1 MBP...)
IIRC it was Big Sur when they dropped it. I was still able to see my Sound Diver cd when I had my Mojave Intel Mac Pro but can't anymore with a DVD drive plugged into either of my Mini's. I guess one of these days I should get that out and try to backup all the cd-r and dvd-r crap I have to a hard drive.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”