Any news on porting AIR plugins to Apple Silicon Macs?

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought a pack of VI from AIR Music Tech which was on sale and it sounds so good! Thank you for developing such wonderful instruments :)

By the way, I was wondering if these plugins will be supported on brand-new architecture powered Macs. It seems that News page in their website was last updated on April 2019 and there is no mention about porting their plugins to Apple M1-powered machines.

It would be awesome if you let us know whether porting to Apple Silicon Macs will happen or not. Thanks, and Merry Christmas for everyone!

If they can't even get HiDPI GUI update out proper, I'm not sure...

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:11 pm If they can't even get HiDPI GUI update out proper, I'm not sure...
Oops, that's a shame :(

What would you expect from plugins sometimes sold for 1$/€...

Well I spoke to Air on the phone, and Christian was a very nice rep who explained its their first priority to be big sur m1 compatible so I am hopeful because I BOUGHT Strike 2 and it doesn’t install due to AVX issue...not familiar with any of that, but I hope these VSTs all work soon.

Xpand2! and Hybrid3 (all classic PT plugins) are still NOT native on Apple silicon...What the hell is going on?

They created new plugins, and the old ones do run on silicon just fine… I don’t expect Hybrid, Xpand2 and alike to be updated ever…

The Air plugins that come as stock of Protools support apple silicon native AAX.
But for the rest of the Creative FX Collection Plus products, I cannot hear anything.
During the massive migration to apple silicon, some plugins are getting abandoned by its manufacturers.
This looks like it could be one of them.
Even if they come out with a new great product in the future, their unfaithfuless will make me hesitate to buy it.

I came here also after buying them and realising that they dont work on my M1

Even Loom 2 is not M1/ARM natively available... Pretty sad.

I would love to see Loom 3… Its by far the best of the pack…

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:22 pm I would love to see Loom 3… Its by far the best of the pack…
Loom 2 seems brilliant or potentially so, but all the corporate hands it seems to have passed through on its way to hell seem to want it to die a slow death and/or to enclose it...

Like how some of the best software such as Alchemy and Harmor got 'stolen' and thrown into gated communities, AKA, commercial DAWS. You won't find me using those very DAWS in part because of that.

That's in part why I appreciate FLOSS software and its devs.
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

I’m assuming these instruments will eventually get ported in the MPC.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

A beta version offering VST 3 and Apple Silicon support is now available at https://www.airmusictech.com/beta-signup.html
Digital Team

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Return to “AIR Music Technology”