Recommend one sample pack that you love!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey producers,

I am looking for sample packs (wav files), preferably free or cheap ones. Special interest for soundscapes, instrumental loops and all kinds of atmospheres to turn into interesting instruments - not so much into percussion one shot stuff.

To not have too big lists, I ask every user to recommend only one sample pack that you love - a real desert island pack - so choose wisely. :phones:

I don't use, even less buy, many sample packs but cohesion (10$) by Databroth is a personal favourite of mine. The tagline is "slowed & bowed", so it has various often metallic and foley based recordings but also some outliers like amp feedback, bowed mandolin, etc, most of which got a slowed down version retaining high frequency content by having been recorded at 96khz.

Imo very cheap for what you're getting and extremely nice if you're into dark ambient/eery sound design. With some stretching and granular stuff you could easily make a whole horror soundtrack out of it. If we're allowed a second one for drum & related stuff this would be my desert island choice for sure.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”