New Release : Warm Stilettos (electro, industrial, techno)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone !

Here is my cover of Warm Leatherette, rewrote, reinterpreted, reflected :

Warm Stilettos

https://soundcloud.com/heelsmachine/warm-stilettos

Take care and have a nice week.

Love, Sex and High Heels.

Also available on all streaming services :
https://linktr.ee/heelsmachine

Sounds great overall! Although it does have various timbre changes it does get a bit repetitive even for a club track.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Its not bad but I think if you are going for repetitive thats good, but then I would make the track shorter...
People these days have an attention span of 10 seconds. Its not your fault, its how people live these days.
Everything needs to go quick and without to much trouble. If they are not hooked in the first 20-30 seconds they will skip the track.
I still have to learn a lot on this too, but what I do already is make my tracks shorter.
Maybe something you can do too?

JimBetaOriginal wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:13 am Its not bad but I think if you are going for repetitive thats good, but then I would make the track shorter...
People these days have an attention span of 10 seconds. Its not your fault, its how people live these days.
Everything needs to go quick and without to much trouble. If they are not hooked in the first 20-30 seconds they will skip the track.
I still have to learn a lot on this too, but what I do already is make my tracks shorter.
It's a cover of a cult classic industrial from The Normal :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5QErPDNcj4

It's repetitive by design, I added the variation after the break to fit my style and I honestly don't care of the attention span of people these days, that's not my target audience and it's against my principles to follow any trends / societal fads. :)

Heels Machine wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:20 am
JimBetaOriginal wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:13 am Its not bad but I think if you are going for repetitive thats good, but then I would make the track shorter...

It's repetitive by design, I added the variation after the break to fit my style and I honestly don't care of the attention span of people these days, that's not my target audience and it's against my principles to follow any trends / societal fads. :)
Yes but then nobody will listen to your music... But okay, do what you like.

Very beautiful, dynamic song that still has a meditative character.
I like it very much! :tu:

But why is this just a cover? Why don't you make your own songs? :?:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:30 am Very beautiful, dynamic song that still has a meditative character.
I like it very much! :tu:

But why is this just a cover? Why don't you make your own songs? :?:
Thanks, and I already make my own songs.

I like your version better

JimBetaOriginal wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:25 am
Heels Machine wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:20 am

Yes but then nobody will listen to your music... But okay, do what you like.
I'm totally fine with that, along with the 200+ people who listened to the track since it's release 6 days ago, with little effort to promote it. :wink:

Hallo, let's take a listen.

I like the drums. The snare has a nice reverb. The synths unfortunately sound a bit noisy. Maybe you should try some Eqing at around 3 to 6 kHz. The arrangment is okay. The mixing levels are good, too. Nice track.

What genre is the music? 80s? The bass and snare sound like 80s. :-)

I'm old enough to have danced in underground retro clubs when the original came out. And have heard all the covers in the interim. Truly a classic which did not need to be rewritten. But, despite the new lyrics, the recording is quite good. The idea of "warm leatherette" appeals to a much broader audience than "warm stilettos".

Return to “Music Cafe”