[SOLVED] Enhancements for the browser - Food for Thought

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

So, as I was getting into organizing my files and navigating through the browser for a bit, it hit me that there are more clicks involved in getting what I need than I had anticipated. From a UX standpoint, there seem to be too many clicks and decisions to make before finding what I'm looking for. I really appreciate the simplicity of a tree browser setup.

For instance, take Ableton. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but there doesn't seem to be a clear division between factory assets and user-created ones. That's pretty cool because it saves you from constantly switching back and forth, like I have to do with MuLab.

2024-02-29_14-47.png

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. What do you guys think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by oldcastle on Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you feel you have to make too many choices, what about using browser presets and the very fast browser preset buttons?

I have no idea what are you talking about :?

Click the folder icon in the Browser. it gives options to set up Buttons that link directly to whatever the Browser is doing.

Thanks.

I've added some extra doc info about the browser presets:
https://www.mutools.com/info/M9/docs/mu ... owser.html

Aha! That'll be why I couldn't find it! :lol:

It's a cool solution. However, since I need to create a button for the user library and one for the factory library, 12 slots may run low in the future. But so far, it's ok. Thanks!

Nothing could be quicker then Drag and Drop IMO. I appreciate that Mulab mostly does that. I keep Mulab and 3/4's of the desktop, from top to bottom on the left, which leaves me a quarter of the screen for browsing and dropping. I could quickly full screen in and out of that, if I was in a studio or live situation, but I never do. I'm running on a 48 inch TV, plenty of room. I dont even use the VST browser. I just drag out of the VST folder.

Return to “MUTOOLS”