KVR cookie consent form not GDPR-compliant

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The cookie consent form on KVR is not GDPR-compliant. The GDPR makes it clear that rejecting cookies must be as easy as accepting them. Article 7 of the GDPR states: "Prior to giving consent, the data subject shall be informed thereof. It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent." YouTube was recently forced changed its cookie consent form (which was missing the "Reject All" option too) after being reported to the watchdog and being fined for its practices. You probably don't want this to happen to KVR.

The initial popup currently only offers two options: "Manage options" and "Consent". You need to add a third option "Reject all". The same applies to the window displayed upon clicking "Manage Options". As you are not allowed to make rejecting cookies harder than accepting them, the current layout when you click on "Manage Options" fails to meet these requirements too. Accepting cookies is a single click. Rejecting all cookies requires multiple clicks and scrolling, with each individual category needing to be turned off individually. This makes accepting significantly easier than rejecting cookies. This is exactly the sort of behaviour that GDPR explicitly forbids and was introduced to prevent.

Here's the To-Do:
  • Add a Reject All button to the initial popup
  • Add a Reject All button to the windows displayed after clicking "Manage Options"

sjm wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:47 pm The cookie consent form on KVR is not GDPR-compliant. The GDPR makes it clear that rejecting cookies must be as easy as accepting them. Article 7 of the GDPR states: "Prior to giving consent, the data subject shall be informed thereof. It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent." YouTube was recently forced changed its cookie consent form (which was missing the "Reject All" option too) after being reported to the watchdog and being fined for its practices. You probably don't want this to happen to KVR.

The initial popup currently only offers two options: "Manage options" and "Consent". You need to add a third option "Reject all". The same applies to the window displayed upon clicking "Manage Options". As you are not allowed to make rejecting cookies harder than accepting them, the current layout when you click on "Manage Options" fails to meet these requirements too. Accepting cookies is a single click. Rejecting all cookies requires multiple clicks and scrolling, with each individual category needing to be turned off individually. This makes accepting significantly easier than rejecting cookies. This is exactly the sort of behaviour that GDPR explicitly forbids and was introduced to prevent.

Here's the To-Do:
  • Add a Reject All button to the windows displayed after clicking "Manage Options"
This is Google's default (close to deny consent) but the problem should now be fixed with a 'Do Not Consent' as the main option.

Much better. Bear in mind that part of Google's issue was that it was confusing - the new layout is much more explicit regarding what the options mean. I'm impressed, that was really quick!

sjm wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:47 pm The cookie consent form on KVR is not GDPR-compliant. The GDPR makes it clear that rejecting cookies must be as easy as accepting them. Article 7 of the GDPR states: "Prior to giving consent, the data subject shall be informed thereof. It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent." YouTube was recently forced changed its cookie consent form (which was missing the "Reject All" option too) after being reported to the watchdog and being fined for its practices. You probably don't want this to happen to KVR.

I've often had similar problems with cookies. And I've been struggling to get some plugins to work correctly on my Mac due to the limitations of these files. After some digging, I found a helpful guide https://setapp.com/how-to/allow-third-party-cookies-on-mac on how to allow third-party cookies on a Mac. It's really simple and solved my problems immediately. If you are facing similar issues, I highly recommend checking this out and reading the article on Setapp. It might just save you a headache!

Here's the To-Do:
I didn't notice any such problems with cookies on my Mac.
Last edited by Fosterprot on Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fosterprot wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:20 am I didn't notice any such problems with cookies on my Mac.
The problem is from a month ago; its already been fixed, as per the subsequent posts here.
Not sure why you seem to have posted that 2 mere minutes after joining either. Lets hope you didnt join specifically to necro a resolved issue.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Site Stuff”