Sylenth1 32bit and 64bit same computer two Ableton Live versions

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I have Live 9 where I use my 32bit plugins (also Sylenth - version 2..) and now I have installed
Live 10 alongside so I can use 64bit plugins (Sylenth - upgraded version 3..). Can I do this without having a conflict between both Sylenth versions (I'll put them in different folders of course) ? I still have to use the 32bit installation as I have a lot of material,so I don't want to change this.

Hi,

You didn't add if you're on MacOS or Windows.
There should be no problems on Mac (just don't upgrade to the latest MacOS versions if you want to keep using 32bit).
On Windows it is no problem as well, but it is important that you keep the dll files in the correct folders (32bit in Program Files x86 and 64bit in Program Files) and that you set the VST folders in Live's preferences to the correct folders as well.

Thanks Lennard,

I'm on Windows 8 and I tried to install the 2.. version 64 bit of Sylenth in my Live 10 version, but it
just crashed. Then I found out this only works with 3.. version. I only was afraid it would get into conflict with the 32 bit of 2..version that I had installed in my Live 9. Thanks for clarifying.

Return to “LennarDigital”