Failing to recognize updated plugins on rescan

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When doing a scan for "all new or updated plugins," KVRSM fails to detect a significant number of plugins that have been locally updated with newer versions. The "Installed Version" column still reads the old version, even though a newer version has been installed.

Clearing all plugins and initiating a fresh scan resolves the problem.

It's particularly bad with CLAP updates.

I have also noticed a number of plugins that are updated, but read with the wrong version. When checking the binary metadata with ArchiChect, this is because the developer neglected to update the version number (Looking at you, Rob Papen) so this isn't really SM's fault.

Is the CLAP scanner picking up changed versions correctly in 0.1.9.3?

i'm having the same problem on windows 10.

brynte5 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:23 am i'm having the same problem on windows 10.
In 0.1.9.3? Could you give some examples of plugins where updates haven't been detected?

I've also had a few instances of this, can't recall which now, but it was particularly VST3's. I remove them from the list then force a VST3 rescan and it then picks up the updated plugin. I'll post when I spot any more.

Here's a couple of examples, Tal-Sampler and Harmony Bloom VST3s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So you installed bloom 1.2.9 and tal sampler 4.5.8 and rescanned but KSM didn’t detect the new versions, is that correct?
Sekops wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:32 pm Here's a couple of examples, Tal-Sampler and Harmony Bloom VST3s

Correct. I had to remove from list then I could rescan VST3 then it would detect

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”