Serato Sample VST3 Windowing Issue

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

viceverser wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:59 pm What is the preferred folder position (if any) for this
Your free choice :)
It depends on how you organize your data, and that's a personal thing.
and can it be relative? Or is it just absolute?
Absolute.

mutools wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:53 pm There is a big difference between combining the MuLab App and MuLab Plugin folders, and what i wrote above which is specifically about the User Library Folder, which can be managed via MuLab menu -> Preferences.
So I did that, now I have all my project folders in the default app user folder, and none in the new folder... Do I Move the old ones? Copy them? Or leave them and manually reopen them? I don't want to lose any linked samples I may have or what not.

I might be stupid, but Ive lost sessions with things like this, I mangle samples often and losing links is a MASSIVE headache for me... So instead of stabbing in the dark I like to just get it right... Hence why I'm generally likely to forgo any of this type of setup shenanigans... it's very nerve racking :?

Cheers for the info... D.

I am curious though... aren't the settings for both MuLab App amd Plugin different? Meaning if you specify both to use the same User folder, they will require different settings? Albeit slightly.

@ ViveVerser: I would personally keep the MuLab App folder as is. I have it installed on my D drive and it is set up as the default extraction would be after downloading. So in the MuLab App folder, I have:
  • App - folder
    User - folder
    MuLab.exe
    MuLab.ID
    REX Shared Library.dll
In my MuLab Plugin folder:
  • App - folder
    User - folder
    MuLab 9 PlugIn (Vst Synth).dll
    MuLab 9 PlugIn (Vst Synth).ID
    MuLab 9 PlugIn.dll
    MuLab 9 PlugIn.ID
    REX Shared Library.dll
Now just open MuLab Plugin, and specify in it's Preferences the location of the MuLab App's User folder.
For me, I keep MuLab Plugin inside MuLab App's root folder so it's altogether.

I can't answer your curiosity.
I can only repeat this:
* You can use a common User Library Folder as explained above.
* It's not recommended/supported to merge the installation folders of MuLab App and Plugin.

No, I see, I just reread the post above. It's very specifically the User Library folder only, NOT the whole User folder that is being redirected.

I haven't merged them, I just keep the whole Plugin folder as a sub-directory of the MuLab App folder. So the path to my MuLab Plugin is this:
  • D:\MyApps\MuLab\MuLab Plugin\MuLab 9 PlugIn (Vst Synth).dll
All the Plugin content is in that folder with the Plugin and the MuLab App is s all in the folder above that, the one called 'MuLab'.

sl23 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:41 pm No, I see, I just reread the post above. It's very specifically the User Library folder only, NOT the whole User folder that is being redirected.

I haven't merged them, I just keep the whole Plugin folder as a sub-directory of the MuLab App folder. So the path to my MuLab Plugin is this:
All the Plugin content is in that folder with the Plugin and the MuLab App is s all in the folder above that, the one called 'MuLab'.
This makes a lot of sense to me, I might try reorganizing in a similar fashion... if I can link to the app folder that might fix the finicky part for me, but am still curious about the best way to manage linked resources... This really does highlight the importance of app level management... Like you just drag over the window and it grabs and drops the resources where the app needs them.

Cheers for the response folks, am gonna try more tweaking when my kids are asleep... D.

Please don't mess with the MuLab App / Plugin folder itself. It could cause complications.
Simply use the recommended way of sharing a User Library Folder between MuLab App & Plugin, as mentioned above.

I've set it up as mentioned and certain things like Button colours aren't shared it seems. For example the main Toolbar buttons are set as per my requirements in MuLab App, but in MuLab Plugin they are set as default pale blue. I don't really use the Plugin tbh, so it's not something that bothers me, but I mention it as I noticed it.

Settings are not yet shared. That's on the wishlist.

The only thing supported is sharing the user library folder, as explained above!!

Again, not repeating myself :)
I was referring to a setting I thought was a part of the gui colours. The toolbar foreground I think it is. Will check tomorrow, if I remember! All the best...

viceverser wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:59 pmWhat is the preferred folder position (if any) for this
I've got mine on a network drive.
viceverser wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:59 pmand can it be relative?
I can't see that making much sense if you've installed the app and plugin in completely separate places.

Well, it may do if it's installed similar to how I have it.
  • D:\MyApps\MuLab\MuLab.exe
  • D:\MyApps\MuLab\User\Library
Depends how the plugin finds the path. If it's installed on a removable drive, it could matter. If it's installed like mine on a fixed drive, it doesn't.

Return to “MUTOOLS”