TAL Sampler - discussion

Official support for: tal-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a couple of thoughts after using TAL Sampler for a bit...

Sample view Zoom in the main window - v hard to see what's going on when I'm just using a small section of a long sample.

Just a touch more visualisation around modulation - in terms of what is being modulated and by how much. Especially some sort of visualisation for the LFOs - even just a subtle, low contrast pulsing LED type thing so I can see a) it's working and b) the speed/polarity at a glance

There was an update to tal-sampler,
Version 4.5.7 /26.02.2024

Fixes crash introduced with v 4.5.6.

Version 4.5.4 /04.09.2023

Save samples and preset to directory fixed.
4.5.5 or 4.5.6 released? maybe typo?

wilx wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:35 am Just a couple of thoughts after using TAL Sampler for a bit...
+1
wilx wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:35 am Sample view Zoom in the main window - v hard to see what's going on when I'm just using a small section of a long sample.
Seconded.
wilx wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:35 am Just a touch more visualisation around modulation - in terms of what is being modulated and by how much. Especially some sort of visualisation for the LFOs - even just a subtle, low contrast pulsing LED type thing so I can see a) it's working and b) the speed/polarity at a glance
Thrue.

I see there's some modulation visualisation in the new TAL Drum update! I guess that's likely to make its way to Sampler too? If we also get Drum's auto slicing that would be lovely.

Another thing I noticed re intuitive workflow - right-click contextual menu on the waveforms, click and drag to select sample range/loop range, and pinch to zoom (on trackpads) would be a big time saver. At the moment, clicking and dragging the waveform pans the view horizontally.
As does scrolling the mouse horizontally.
As does clicking on the waveform focus box under the waveform and dragging.
Instead of three similar ways of doing the same thing, maybe we could have clicking and dragging on the waveform (or on the top/bottom third of it, for example) as selecting part of the waveform for creating a slice or loop etc.

Any chance we'll get the ability to type in values (i.e. double click the knob or text below to enter in data)? Can be quite tedious some times to get numbers right. It looks like it should already be possible but I can't figure out a way to do it.

Return to “TAL Software”