Effect for making lyrics indistinguishable

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wish to use an effect on this acapella

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6nxbq1bv ... sywbq&dl=0

to make the lyrics indistinguishable.

I wish the notes to remain distinguishable.

I wish ideally the tone in the voice to remain distinguishable.

I read a suggestion the use Granulizer.

What effect would you recommend to use?

Would you apply an effect to the acapella and post it?

Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

A granular synthesizer, like a Granulizer, is an excellent tool for making lyrics indistinguishable while keeping the melody and tone of the voice clear. This effect manipulates small sound fragments to blur the words without altering the pitch or tonal characteristics.

You might also consider using a vocoder to blend the vocal track with synthesized textures, obscuring the words while retaining the melody and vocal quality. Formant shifting is another effective technique that can modify vocal timbre to mask the lyrics while preserving the melody and voice's distinct tone.

Applying reverb and delay selectively can also help to soften the articulation of the lyrics, ensuring that the notes and voice tone remain clear. Experiment with combining these effects to achieve the desired balance in your track.

Alessandro
www.sampletraxx.com/

For me personally, I would immediately go to Melda's MTransformer, and mess with the customized transformation curve.
Maybe brickwall lower freqs to turn it into a whisper and turn buffer size up to 16k to give it a ghostly drifting sound.

Or maybe reverse the curve so lower sounds are played by the higher freqs and vice versa.
At a lower buffer size, that might give a jumbled sound that the brain can't decode, while still maintaining the character of a spoken sentence.

Return to “Production Techniques”