Kontakt 7 installing libraries is a nightmare

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Smasha wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:19 pm Native Access broken on Windows 11.

I removed every registry entry related to Native Instruments,then rebooted.

Installed Native Access and installed all.

Every instrument fails to install.

I see the download location ,NOTHING in there at all.

This is BS.
Have you downloaded Ntive Access 1 or 2 ?

The original Native Access no longer works and throws up an error message. Perhaps check to see that you are downloading the newest version.......

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... -access-2/

Yes,I have the newest version.

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago trying to install a Kontakt libray, it also kept throwing up the dreaded "nicht" file error. I wasted hours trying to fix it.

I have no ninct files.

Smasha wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:12 pm I have no ninct files.
I didn't have any either. Not even sure what a "nicnt" file is. In the end,after a couple of hours,I deleted Native Access, I then deleted any file I could find in my C drive named Native Access. This included the two folders in C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming and Local. I then rebooted and reinstalled Native Access 2 and it worked. Not saying it would work for anyone else, and not recommending it, just that it worked for me.

I just uninstalled everything again and the AppData folders you mentioned,rebooted and tried again.
Same error.
Just have to wait for the support ticket reply.

I reckon they will tell me to use the registry edit they suggested on their site but I have already tried that.

Sigh.

The downloaded files are not seeing the virtual dvd drive I reckon.

I know these all in one installers are practical but I would like manual installs available on the websites for when issues like this come up.

I ranted a bit but stuff like this drives me batty.

Rather get punched in the face.

NI emailed me saying it could be a HD space thing.
I have plenty of room on all my drives.

I cleared more out uninstalled any NI stuff yet again ,rebooted,reinstalled and still the errors.

Eff this crap.

Still waiting.

Their support is pretty bad.

Never had software crap out like this since Sonivox.

And their support is terrible like Sonivox.

I removed every single Native Instruments,Native Access entry in the registry,deleted everything related in Windows files.

Rebooted.

Installed Native Access again.

Rebooted.

Run the program.

The same old errors.

The issue must be on their side.

I have done everything I can.

Smasha wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:43 pm I just uninstalled everything again and the AppData folders you mentioned,rebooted and tried again.
Same error.
Just have to wait for the support ticket reply.

I reckon they will tell me to use the registry edit they suggested on their site but I have already tried that.

Sigh.

The downloaded files are not seeing the virtual dvd drive I reckon.

I know these all in one installers are practical but I would like manual installs available on the websites for when issues like this come up.

I ranted a bit but stuff like this drives me batty.

Rather get punched in the face.

Did you also delete all known Native Instrument folders in c:\Program Files and c:\Program Files (86)? And anything and everything you can find with Native Instruments on it in your c:\ drive? + the other hidden folders (do not delete content).

After doing that I guess you would use the registry hack that NI sent you. The only alternative that I know of other than this is a clean install of Windows.

I enabled virtual drive enumerator in device manager.
Issues gone.

I don't have an answer but do agree that it is a nightmare!

Hi,
I had a similar problem, wrote to big fish audio support and they email this:

As a workaround, you can install the oldest possible NA that your system can handle from the link below to register syntAX.

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... ng-Systems

And it worked.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”