Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

SLiC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:05 pm Has the synths stooped working or something?! The synths works perfectly for me and does far more now than it did when I bought it many years ago (and all the updates were free and very impressive, check the change log). What a total waste of timing worrying about if it will get even more free updates!
Like all software with online activation, continued use is subject to the whim of the developer. So it's perfectly valid for people to be questioning what the developers are doing. Updates are a good sign that there is commitment to the project, radio silence on the other hand...

I like updates as much as the next guy, but any developer can stop supporting any software anytime irrespective of copy protection or if they post on KVR. Honestly, I think if people are that paranoid about their software suddenly stopping working they should just use hardware (and avoid any new MAC OS :lol: ).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:57 pm I like updates as much as the next guy, but any developer can stop supporting any software anytime irrespective of copy protection or if they post on KVR. Honestly, I think if people are that paranoid about their software suddenly stopping working they should just use hardware (and avoid any new MAC OS :lol: ).
Or just start making music now and not in the future when plugin cease to be developed.

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:47 pm I understand why Mirko got snarky, if the public wants to basicly lynch his creation for no feason why he should eat up all the snarky crap from the users? Users are acting selfish arrogant and needy.
There is no reason for any business owner to get snarky with paying customers. Period. As someone who taught customer service in one of the most demanding industries on the planet I can say that with absolute certainty.

Like I said if you're too thin skinned then business is not for you.

When I contacted support it was in an attempt to help him. I had no animosity towards him or Paraware at all.

I had just seen people posting "abandonware" comments all over and thought he might wish me to convey something to them that would calm their fears. I did nothing to deserve that response and again that's not the way you respond to paying customers if you want to keep them or gain more.

Why do you think the word "abandonware" is constantly being attached to Rapid? Could it be because they're doing little to dispel that notion? Once again a little communication is free and takes very little time. For the hundredth time I don't need an update, just a little proof of life once in awhile. That's not too much to ask and if it is then again business is not for you.

I want Rapid to survive and grow because it's one of my favorite synths. The best way to do that is to make sure the company survives and grows. The best way to do that is to call them out when their actions or lack thereof are causing dissent.

Fawning sycophants do nothing to accomplish that task. Developers who sell their plugins are business owners plain and simple and don't deserve to be treated any better that you would a restaurant with bad food or a mechanic shop with bad service.

The fact that some people here are afflicted with hero worship is absolutely irrelevant.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm
Are you seriously saying that I'm not entitled to post my opinion here? I'm wondering if I should have a word with the site moderators about that then. I don't know who or what you think you are, but, this is definitely going way too far. You are not the one to tell people what they are entitled to do here and what they aren't. Get that into your thick head.
Of course you have a right and a dog in the fight for sure. Although you haven't thrown your wallet into the ring have you?. In other words you aren't emotionally or financially involved in any way to those that took a punt on a new synth and a new unproven developer.

Things went bad when a kvr user went full on woke whining about a preset name, after which I don't blame Parawave for doing 1. BUT if the party is over I'd rather know sooner or later.

And the last big announcement here from Parawave was a preset promotion just prior to chrstmas last, promising things. Things that never transpired. A cash grab.
It's time to move on.

chk071 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:30 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:54 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm And, I'm perfectly entitled to post here, thank you very much.
No, you're really not.
Yes, I really am.
Are you seriously saying that I'm not entitled to post my opinion here? I'm wondering if I should have a word with the site moderators about that then. I don't know who or what you think you are, but, this is definitely going way too far. You are not the one to tell people what they are entitled to do here and what they aren't. Get that into your thick head.
No, you're really not. But oh yes please go tell the Mods. Make sure you send them your comments here.

You're not "entitled" to come into a thread where you have no reason to be just to insult people. Get that through your empty head. Again your opinion means nothing. You're just here to argue about a plugin you don't even own. Get a life.

Certainly there are other threads where you can go to boost your bloated post count or here's a crazy idea....why not go use the plugins you own and actually make some music instead of trolling threads to post your unwanted opinions.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Anyway I'm done with KVR'S non-player characters. They do nothing but bring noise.

So to that end here's 25 free presets for people who actually own Rapid. Some people seem to think that these super synths are only good for "one finger" presets and while those types of patches are fun to make, Rapid is capable of an incredibly wide range of sounds from analog to cinematic and many genres in between.

It really is a fantastic sounding synths that is fully feature rich. Certainly in the top 3 synths I own and after spending several joyous hours over the last two days patching and playing it I have fallen in love with Rapid even further.

And that my friends is why I want it survive far into the future. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Out of interest does anyone know of a dark market I can offload the Synth even though it has an NFR. I am prepared to offload for $20.00

Doggo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:11 pm Out of interest does anyone know of a dark market I can offload the Synth even though it has an NFR. I am prepared to offload for $20.00
Given all the current noise surrounding it, that seems high. But yeah, if they weren't NFR, I probably would have picked it up during a No-Brainer sale.
It's a very solid synth IMO, and I don't find the current noise to be off-putting from it otherwise.

Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone get a fix on the "not producing sound" problem? Only the sounds in the "Granular" folder work for me, which is quite weird.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

irvg wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:06 am Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone get a fix on the "not producing sound" problem? Only the sounds in the "Granular" folder work for me, which is quite weird.
Double check that your license wasn't accidentally deactivated, seems to happen now and then. Took me 15 minutes or so to figure out, but only took a couple to fix.
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

My serial number is recorded in the about box, and sounds from the Granular folder do work, so that seems pretty unlikely.

Actually, you were right! The product was activated but not the sounds, except for the Granular. Strange but true! Thanks.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:44 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:30 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:54 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm And, I'm perfectly entitled to post here, thank you very much.
No, you're really not.
Yes, I really am.
No, you're really not. But oh yes please go tell the Mods. Make sure you send them your comments here.

You're not "entitled" to come into a thread where you have no reason to be just to insult people. Get that through your empty head. Again your opinion means nothing. You're just here to argue about a plugin you don't even own. Get a life.

Certainly there are other threads where you can go to boost your bloated post count or here's a crazy idea....why not go use the plugins you own and actually make some music instead of trolling threads to post your unwanted opinions.
@teksonik do you not see the irony in your own posts? No-one can post a comment unless they own the particular vst? Do I own Parawave? Is my comment relevant or entitled? Wobble your head and have a word with yourself and take your own advice 🤦‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Why would anyone want to involve themselves in discussions (or arguments) about a plugin they don't own?

Is it because they'd rather waste their time posting about plugins they don't own than using the plugins they do own to make music?

There is enough noise at KVR without non-player characters polluting threads with their irrelevant opinions.

But I realize that some people's whole lives seem to revolve around posting on the internet and to them I have nothing but pity.

Return to “Instruments”