Groove Shadow Generator for MXXX (instrument)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MXXX

Hi,

I have created another instrument for MXXX. This one's a big deal. It is capable of making groove shadows. There may be some issues here and there but I wanted to get this out.

1. Enable the limiter on MXXX if you use the randomize preset feature.
2. I'll create a video to describe more of what's going on here.
3. Try using the randomize buttons before using the randomize preset feature they keep the best signal chain and no limiter needed if you do that.
4. There is A LOT of stuff happening here.
5. I plan to make make some more demo presets and it's very easy to do.
6. You need MIDI input going to MXXX for this to work. There will be a different routing based on your DAW.
7. This thing rocks and I have a couple teaser videos about it on my YT.
8. I have been using in Logic to test.
9. You import this through MXXX preset browser or drop into the folder on your system.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/jr7i4rym ... 22vin&dl=0

Video, what it should look like. You press (and hold) a key on your keyboards to start it up. :)
https://youtu.be/Y_AYmdL-fP8

all the best,
-cd

I updated the file so it's a device. Once you import that you can import the presets too. There are 20 in that dropbox link. Here's the intro vid:

Groove Shadow Generator MXXX Introduction
https://youtu.be/fa2uFXtu4qg

There is a bug maybe with MXXX where using randomize does strange things to other presets within a device. If you have issues with instruments sounding more strange then normal you may need to reload the device itself as reloading the default preset won't be enough. Using the randomize within the device itself doesn't cause that issue. If you go through all the presets before using the MXXX random feature then they should all sound as intended.

This concept just uses 6 MPowerSynths...However this can be applied to more detailed work using WaveTable stuff, so they jump around rhythmically like a groove shadow. In addition to the arps. There are many additional ways to superimpose groove on top of these I just didn't want too many effects causing potential conflicts.

I may make additional groove shadow with longer tones. It will require messing with a different part of the engine (edit mode). So it would be a different device.

A Groove Shadow is a series of spectral or found sounds combined into "musical" forms. They are crazy or tame depending on what you're looking to do. They can be the boss or follow the lead. You can use something like MMorph to blend them with your percussion or other things.

Your devices are interesting and will probably get some good use here. Thanks!

Thanks! I just figured out you can kinda make them similar as to make them larger by randomizing either the tone half or the arp half. They will make for amazing fills. I have some more presets coming, having better luck just using my randomizers instead of the device randomizer. Also...there's something weird with how MXXX devices store the preset. So I'll use a normal MXXX preset folder to house them because it provides perfect recall of the sound. This is better because it also means access to the edit page for deeper tonal tweaks. Also just realized holding down chords makes for nice variations as well, thus far it's monophonic so as to avoid melodic turbulence.

I just added a pack to that main folder which has 89 presets!

Return to “MeldaProduction”