Zebralette 3 Tips & Tricks

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I played around with the Formant FX and got a nice vocal preset out of it.
Voxalette.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

glokraw wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:49 pm Those unfamiliar, you load a preset, then load the randomizer.h2p, it instantly creates the new version, if you like the result, name and save as a new preset. You can have multiple versions of the script, renamed with various random amounts you choose. You can prepend the title(s) with something like aa- ii- or zz- in the title, so you see them at the top, middle, and bottom of larger multi-column preset banks. Rescan with your daw to have them active.
Cheers
Thanks, this is my favorite tip so far, especially as I didn't know about for Zebra2. :party:
It's not a replacement for randomizing/locking individual sections, but is definitely better than nothing.

(the preset shares are also appreciated)

*EDIT*
Could someone please upload a working version of randomizer.h2p?

3lu5iv3 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:32 am is it possible to get white noise out of this synth? i'm trying to make a snare.
Basically. My thoughts immediately turned to FM noise, so I tried DeltaX in both OSC FX plus some modulation to get this:

https://app.box.com/s/aqrfjbpvci5im034862bmrrkqis8kfkq

I'm not saying it's the best or only way to do it, just what came to mind to try. Also not claiming it's a great snare -- but I tried to do it all with just the one oscillator for the challenge of it, rather than bouncing down and using multiple instances for the noise and pitch elements.

It gets more noisy than Zebralette 2... but it doesn't have anything that emits white or pink noise per se.

KBSoundSmith wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:50 am
3lu5iv3 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:32 am is it possible to get white noise out of this synth? i'm trying to make a snare.
Basically. My thoughts immediately turned to FM noise, so I tried DeltaX in both OSC FX plus some modulation to get this:

https://app.box.com/s/aqrfjbpvci5im034862bmrrkqis8kfkq

I'm not saying it's the best or only way to do it, just what came to mind to try. Also not claiming it's a great snare -- but I tried to do it all with just the one oscillator for the challenge of it, rather than bouncing down and using multiple instances for the noise and pitch elements.
Thanks.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:17 am It gets more noisy than Zebralette 2... but it doesn't have anything that emits white or pink noise per se.
Ah i see. Thanks.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

AtomOfScent wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:42 am *EDIT*
Could someone please upload a working version of randomizer.h2p?
I'll answer my own question. :wink:

Here's the thread:
viewtopic.php?t=203929

Return to “u-he”