PHIL COLLINS GATED DRUM SOUND !!!

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Me too. Can't stand popband Genesis.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:35 pm Me too. Can't stand popband Genesis.
i also, do not rate huey lewis and/or the news.

Against The Odds
This thread has prompted me to find and listen to my cover, which was of course far superior, being enhanced by the ingestion of 3 litres of white cider.

What, No mention of BrandX?... That was Collins best stuff well before 'simplifying' his drumming greatly for the masses as well as the music...

In 1978 was at local record store & found 'Moroccan Roll' by BrandX in the Jazz section, I was intrigued by the cover art as well as they pics & info on back. I had immediately gotten the moniker 'More Rock-N-Roll'... In this shop what you buy you keep so I was on the fence figuring 'These guys must be lunatics or geniuses' then I saw them passing a joint & clearly Collins looks like a stoned charles manson... I then read about Morris Pert-

I banked on them being geniuses & was not displeased, best money ever spent on a 33>>>

I found the music beyond most others comprehension except for a small few...

Return to “Production Techniques”