Making Custom Eurorack Front Panels?

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xtp wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:52 pm And if I was doing it myself, I'd personally consider etched copper.
The good thing about copper is that it is easy to solder especially if you have a gas soldering iron, drills easy, is soft to bend and paints up well. Many years ago I had [as they do] the copper hot-water cylinder in the house fail, when I replaced the cylinder I kept the old one, removed the element, cut the top and bottom off, sliced the cylinder lengthways and still have what is left stored as a huge sheet of copper out in the garage. The tinned side is a light grey and great for drawing directly onto or affixing adhesive templates printed from the computer, the other side for doing coppery things like etching [as in the link you supplied] or in my case being a lazy arse, painting. I have made a number of enclosures [not eurorack but the principle is the same] out of this copper sheet for guitar effects-units I have designed based on the size of the Boss half-rack effects of the 80's.
Whoa! that's a pretty amazing way to get a bunch of copper

Would like to see some examples, des! Sounds good.

Naenyn wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:42 am Would like to see some examples, des! Sounds good.
Sorry about not getting back earlier - didn’t realize there was a reply.. Apologies about pic size…I have to figure out how to shrink them on my iPhone…

Here’s a 1U I did using 1/16” acrylic and copper tape. The text is filled in with white acrylic paint and a matte clear coat sprayed over it. Two units front and back. Used a 55w CO2 laser to cut and engrave the acrylic.
IMG_6329.jpeg

This is a panel I did using the panels from Antique Electronic supply. They’re black on one side with a white substrate and plain aluminum on the other side. Engraving done with a 5w diode laser.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”