PIANO Premier "KAWAI Legend" hanging stuck notes issue

Official support for: premiersoundfactory.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

Some time ago I purchased the PIANO Premier "KAWAI Legend" VST. It sounds very good. However, there is an issue with hanging/stuck notes. It happens in two contexts.

First context has to do with playing repeated notes (single repeated notes or repeated chords) or fast trills without fulling lifting the key for full key reset. So, practically this means when playing very fast repeated notes or very fast trills, this triggers notes to hang for about 2 seconds and cut off immediately. You can also trigger this very simply by playing one note and then playing the note again without fully lifting the key but only midway before fully resetting the key. Basically, you have to fully reset (lift) the key before playing the note again otherwise the note will hang. Playing Scarlatti K141 at fast tempo will trigger this for example. I hope that explains it.

Second context is a bit more mysterious. When playing multiple large chords, randomly once in awhile there will be a stuck note and immediate cut off. For example, I hear this when playing the octaves section in Chopin Polonaise op 53 no. 6.

With all that said, this may be an issue with my own keyboard. However, I do not face this hanging stuck note issue with any other piano VST I have.

Other than this, the playability and viability of this VST is very good and promising. It is so good that it motivates me to write about this seeming bug on this forum.

Thank you for using our Kawai Legend.

We would also like to thank you for providing extremely valuable information.

First context,
There have been other reports of similar cases occurring with certain keyboards, and we would like to address them through an update.

Second context
The phenomenon where playback is interrupted during chords may be caused by the read speed from storage, or buffer size settings.This is because our products have high resolution, a high readout load, and many samples are played simultaneously for one key.

Please refer to the following.
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... of-Kontakt

If possible, we would greatly appreciate it if you could send us the MIDI data that reproduces the error, especially for the first context, in this reply or to our email address.
Also, could you tell me what keyboard you are using?

Thank you so much!

Hello,

Thank you for the swift reply! I just got a new digital piano, the Yamaha clp 775. I was using the old Casio px750. The above issues still persist on the new keyboard. In fact, it is easier to reproduce as the triple sensors in the key action are better placed allowing for quicker repetition and easier playing without having to lift the key up as much. I will try to get some examples.

Thank you very much for providing the very useful MIDI file via email.
Thanks to the data received, I was able to confirm the phenomenon where an error occurs when a note-on of the same note occurs before a note-off.

It will be fixed in the next update.
We sincerely thank you for your cooperation!

Return to “Premier Sound Factory”