Diva. Komplete Kontrol. Cubase 13. Automation not working

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi - latest version of everything. I'm new to Komplete Kontrol and NKS and have spent all day trying to figure out, if Diva is NKS compatible, why I cannot record a simple automation in Cubase from Komplete Kontrol? I can do it just fine if I just use an instance of Diva and map the controller from my S88 Mk 2, but NOT through Komplete Kontrol where I found the sound I was looking for. So frustrating!

Any help or knowledge about this would be deeply appreciated!

-Jack

In Cubase you simply activate write automation mode for the Komplete Kontrol track, then start host playback and adjust the parameter you want to automate, either with the mouse on the GUI, or by turning the respective controller on your NKS keyboard.
KompleteKontrol-Cubase-automation.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks for responding. Exactly. And for some reason it doesn’t work. If I use an instance of Kontakt or of Diva without Komplete Kontrol, it works just fine. But Komplete Kontrol doesn’t record the automation. And if I draw in the automation, it doesn’t playback. Such a strange issue!

It works without issues over here on Windows and Mac, using Komplete Kontrol 3.1.2 and Diva 1.4.7 (revision 15105).
Are you sure you enabled automation recording on the correct track?
There are three Komplete Kontrol tracks in the screenshot, and one needs to enable it on the uppermost track in order to record automation.

The crazy thing: I gave up completely and erased all tracks with komplete kontrol and just opened Diva and started working. Saw your post. I started to make a video to show you exactly what I was doing and it suddenly worked. Maybe one of my KK tracks was corrupted or...? No idea! Anyway, thanks for your effort to help!

Glad to hear it's working now.

Return to “u-he”