MSoundFactory: Enable latency compensation. ON or OFF?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. Just a quick question, as the manual doesn't provide enough information. If i am using MSoundFactory in a DAW, should I turn off this option? Does the DAW take care of it? Thank you.

Only if you use effects that induce latency (inside MSoundFactory), like for example MFreeFormPhase, MUnison, etc.
But the best way to know it is if you notice that notes are not playing at the right time but slighly after they should.

Thank you. That's interesting. So in many cases the latency may be too low and I won't notice it, but it is still will be there. Why not to have those modules enabled this option by default, or the module informing you (a red light) that it has a latency? Because I'm not aware, which of them give latency - there are so many plugins can be chained and I need to recognize the latency by ear and find the offender? That is a complicated task...

As a general rule, none of the instruments in MSF latency. You do not need to think about it.
The option is off as default because it is more likely that an instrument would use a module with latency in a parallel lane where the delay is part of the sound. This way, you can still play the instrument with no delay.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Thank you for the expanation.

Return to “MeldaProduction”