Gaming Computer vs Mac

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pictus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:15 pm Look at the Task Manager and see what it is running in the background.
If you want to install and have ZERO bloatware, check
viewtopic.php?p=8777794#p8777794
Thanks, will check it out! BTW, do you recommend disabling services in Win 11 when optimizing for music production?
A well-behaved signature.

if I had the money I would get a mac any day of the week. If I had even more money I would have a gaming PC as well lol

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:06 pm Thanks, will check it out! BTW, do you recommend disabling services in Win 11 when optimizing for music production?
You are welcome.
You do not need to disable.
But here I disable what I don't use.
For me, the fewer services/programs running in the background, the better.
Last edited by Pictus on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Note that you should know what you're doing when disabling services. Some of them are not that obvious to what they do and what they affect.

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:22 pm Note that you should know what you're doing when disabling services. Some of them are not that obvious to what they do and what they affect.
Very true. I plan to use the Black Viper services script on Github for Windows 10; I assume(!) that it will also be good for Windows 11, but will do a services list backup first.
A well-behaved signature.

If you are not only using your PC for music production, but also playing a game, 100%, definitely go for Gaming Desktop (Windows)

If you are concerned about the portability and not really fussed with either OS, go for Mac

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”