how can i point Kontakt to my Kontakt libraries folder

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had to reinstall Kontakt and I want to point it to all my installed libraries. They are in subfolders in a directory called SampleLibraries and there are a lot of them.

Is there a method for automating this or do I have to locate each library individually using Native Access?

Also there are the Kontakt libraries themselves - they are in a folder called Kontakt Libraries. Can I just point Kontakt to that and it will find them all?

Run Native Access.
Click Preferences.
Click File Management.
Set your preferences.
Close the pop up once done.

For existing registered content you already have locally, click Library then use either "Locate" or "..." to set the location.

pljones wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:35 pm Run Native Access.
Click Preferences.
Click File Management.
Set your preferences.
Close the pop up once done.

For existing registered content you already have locally, click Library then use either "Locate" or "..." to set the location.
thanks. I have lots of libraries and doing them one by one is very slow. i was hoping they had some sort of relocate everything button but looks like it is one by one

Yeah, I've wished the same -- "Look, they're _all_ under that folder I just told you! Go look yourself!!"

pljones wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:10 pm Yeah, I've wished the same -- "Look, they're _all_ under that folder I just told you! Go look yourself!!"
:hihi:

when I opened Native Access this morning there was a 'relocate all' button. I had been told about that two days ago but could not find it either then or yesterday. Today - there it is, at the top right!

We do it a bit differently. We take projects back and forth between two studio systems and have to point Kontakt to the right location many times a day. We do it not through Native Access but directly through the plugin. I should mention the DAW is Live. When the project loads, there is a complaint notice that Kontakt cannot find things. So what we do is to highlight any track that has Kontakt in it and open the plugin. At that point, Kontakt formally shows a window that has a number of search options. We use the folder option and have Kontakt search the super folder that all the instruments are located in, which in one case is on an internal drive and for the other system an external. Kontakt spends a little time looking, and finds everything pretty quickly. It sounds like a slightly different situation than yours, but it's good to know alternate ways to do things, so I thought I'd mention this.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”