2024: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2024)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:19 am You’re famous… just saw you get mentioned on the Elektronauts boards for your move dropping IR!
Huh, that's kinda weird.

foosnark wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:48 am
elxsound wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:19 am You’re famous… just saw you get mentioned on the Elektronauts boards for your move dropping IR!
Huh, that's kinda weird.
:lol:

I know the feeling, but its a great compliment. Plus, that's a very smart guy that follows your postings.

For many of the rest of us mortals, posting on a forum is like throwing pebbles in the ocean. It's great to throw things but with no lasting effect. :party:

That's why I thought it was kinda weird, usually I post stuff and :crickets: This might be the first time something I said (and didn't think was all that significant) wound up on a forum I don't even follow... that I know of, anyway. I'll take it :D

Once in awhile I check online for the availability of a transparent Microbrute Red. I'll probably get one some day, if I ever find a good bargain, but I'm in no hurry. While checking for a red Microbrute today, I didn't find any bargains, but I did find this: :-o

https://reverb.com/item/77950570-arturi ... sent-black

$250,000 USD, and it only has one cracked knob! :lol:

The seller is even offering to sign it for you, apparently using any name you'd prefer! :hihi:

I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 pm Once in awhile I check online for the availability of a transparent Microbrute Red. I'll probably get one some day, if I ever find a good bargain, but I'm in no hurry. While checking for a red Microbrute today, I didn't find any bargains, but I did find this: :-o

The seller is even offering to sign it for you, apparently using any name you'd prefer! :hihi:

Weird post. Definitely all the wrong things to be said about a used item. Maybe a little too baked when they posted?

At the same time… I’d like to know more. Who the hell are they?

McLilith wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 pm Once in awhile I check online for the availability of a transparent Microbrute Red. I'll probably get one some day, if I ever find a good bargain, but I'm in no hurry. While checking for a red Microbrute today, I didn't find any bargains, but I did find this: :-o

im getting it signed "mclilith" :band:

Wellspring arrived on Friday and my studio is functional enough that I could test it out. It sounds fantastic!
The specs for the Wellspring don't list what type of delay they are using but the printed guide includes a schematic, which (as I suspected) shows a pair of PT2399 chips. I have a few PT2399 based delays and until now, the Bugbrand PTdelay has been my favorite... but the Wellspring definitely takes it's place. It can sound very clean but with the filter and spring in the feedback loop, it gets a wonderfully dreamy/smeary tone. Dubby echos and drippy verbs for days!
Loving the CV input, though I wish it weren't on the back.

I ended up finding another Fostex 3180 for $50 (one of the spring tanks needed repair, but cosmetically it's in excellent condition), so I think I may do a little shoot out between the two.

My Morpheus came today. (It was only coming from Chicago, where the cDVCA was from British Columbia... that one should show up tomorrow.)

For all that it's complex and deep and has a zillion filters, in practice... it's still a filter and you use it like one. There are sweet spots all over the place, lots of types that respond really well to pinging, plenty of fun to be had with distortion, etc. I'm going through the 240 cubes fairly quickly and have tried about half of them so far (crossfading betwen envelope and joystick X for frequency, joystick Y for morph, and a Gliss slider for Transform/Distortion, with sustained or plucky sounds from Odessa feeding it). A few of the cubes could easily have sold a module by themselves, and on a few of them the distortion gives Noise Engineering a run for its money. Good stuff. :tu:

And now cDVCA is here.

Nice distortion machine with both analog and digital feel -- the drive is tasty and pushing it tends to blunt the effect of lowering the frequency.

Using the VCF input instead of the VCA input gives you an LPG feel (but the two inputs have very different response... not an issue if you have envelopes with adjustable curvature, which I favor anyway).

Works fine as an oscillator, with drive doing PWM. Max frequency seems to be 34kHz, plenty for lo-fi sample rate clocking of other modules.

All in all, a winner.

This circuit bent delay, called the Hate Echo, just tempted me at £130 (particularly as my previous circuit bent delay died recently).

It growls and messes things up beautifully :D

HE-orange-newprint.jpg
https://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forsal ... eecho.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Major studio updates this year
* RME Digiface USB
* Ferrofish Pulse 16
* Elysia Karacter Qube
* Meris Mercury X
* Strymon Zelzah
* Mio XM
* Topping L50
* KVGear Adapt L2 stand + shelves
* Too many damned cables

Guys, this is not an April Fools joke. All HYDRASYNTH models are on sale throughout April!! I was planning on getting a modwave desktop after receiving my tax refund, but I am considering giving the Hydra a second chance after being so harsh on it. I think it would complement my LIVEN 8bit Warps pretty well, and both the Liven and the Explorer model can be recorded with a Zoom R4. Or should I get the desktop version just so I can use its scales with my Launchpad Pro?

Hydrasynth is great. I have the desktop version and use it all the time. It's full of great sounds if you dig into it.

I have a PWM Malevolent because my employer is tangentially related to PWM and I worked a bit with Paul Whittington when we were both at M-Audio. I hadn't spent much time with it, but I needed something portable to take with me to our monthly LA Synth Club meetup. It's a surprisingly awesome synth. Now, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to someone looking for a typical mono synth... I mean it can do a decent bass sound but that's not where it shines. It's an absolute monster of droning, groaning and unpredictable bursts of weirdness. I've brought some pretty neat synths to Synth Club in the past but something about the Malevolent drew more attention than most of the other things I've shown. Perhaps it's because it's more immediate than a wall of modular. :lol:

I'm not sure who the target market is for this synth but it certainly won me over. :tu:

I finally cracked when I stumbled on a B Stock NordDrum 3P- Glad I did, it sounds superb, fun to play, easy to program. I love hitting stuff with sticks! That was the last thing on my wish list- I am not looking at anything else now (until someone invents something I didn't know I wanted!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Doh my cirklon spot came up, no money for it sadly. Took more than 2 yrs i believe. :shrug:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”