Speedrum 2 beta

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Speedrum 2

Just bought this today.

It's really fantastic. Very happy with it.

A few suggestions:

When you send the layer sample to the slicer with "load file in slicer", I think it should be the cropped loop. ie. After you use the "Make slice start <>end" in the layer panel. This would good for cropping breaks that have unneeded audio.

You can do it with the render command but it would be nice just to be able to send it straight to the slicer as is.

Also an option in the slicer to chop to an exact amount of beats/sub beats. Say like chop exactly 8 or 16 equal slices. If you have a one bar loop then it should fall on the key slices and you can micro adjust the start points if they're slightly out. (Kind of oldschool MPC workflow, IFYKWIM)

A pitch parameter for the sequencer would be cool.

It's a fantastic instrument as it is. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Really nice approach - but is the development of the v1 end of cycle since i just purchased it 4 months ago ?
I still prefer the GUI from v1 since it's more minimalistic and the colorscheme more quite in my opinion.

All i wished for was 64 Layer Slots and select pad while host is playing and i don't need a SEQ atm ;)
Would be great if some of the features would make it over to the stable Release v1
cheers

V1 is not dead, there will probably be some more bug fixes, but there won't be any new features... it's a very capable drum sampler in itself, and you can use it indefinitely, the license won't expire... but if you want new things, it's best to switch to v2, which will, from now on, receive expansions and upgrades.

Seems like a bug to me: Speedrum 2 b3 , Bitwig 5.1.6. Win 10.

e.g. 4 Pads in Multi Edit Mode, close the ui, open it again, the last touched parameter e.g. Volume oder Pan (below the pads), is distributed to all pads in the edit group. As the edit group is consistent when closing or opening the ui, this could result in possibel unwanted parameter changes for all pads in the edit group, at least for me.

edit: it should be more precise. say pad 9-11 are in edit group status, all parameters are the same but pad 11 has a decreased volume of -10, the others stay at 0. Close the ui, open it again and -10 is distributed in the edit group, but only when pad 11 was first selected and than the other pads were added to the group.
If e.g pad 9 is first selected (with no volume changes applied) and the other pads are added later and pad 11 has -10, there is no change to the volume of the other grouped pads nor pad 11 when closing and opening the ui, pad 11 stays at -10.

especialy when slicing it would be great to have the option to edit the volume envelope for all pads in an edit group, e.g. decrease the volume at the end of all grouped samples to avoid uneccessary clicks at the end of the samples.

guppi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:50 pm Seems like a bug to me: Speedrum 2 b3 , Bitwig 5.1.6. Win 10.

e.g. 4 Pads in Multi Edit Mode, close the ui, open it again, the last touched parameter e.g. Volume oder Pan (below the pads), is distributed to all pads in the edit group. As the edit group is consistent when closing or opening the ui, this could result in possibel unwanted parameter changes for all pads in the edit group, at least for me.

edit: it should be more precise. say pad 9-11 are in edit group status, all parameters are the same but pad 11 has a decreased volume of -10, the others stay at 0. Close the ui, open it again and -10 is distributed in the edit group, but only when pad 11 was first selected and than the other pads were added to the group.
If e.g pad 9 is first selected (with no volume changes applied) and the other pads are added later and pad 11 has -10, there is no change to the volume of the other grouped pads nor pad 11 when closing and opening the ui, pad 11 stays at -10.
Yeah, it's a bug, thanks for reporting it

beta 4

fixed stopping seq processing
fixed random stopping processing on some hosts
fixed setting mode on cc map loading
fixed pad rendering misbehavior
fixed filter envelope times
fixed pads multi editing for some params
fixed pads multi selection stays on window reopen
dsp optimizations

all working great here
the only problem i'm having is the geist kit import doesn't save the geist kits when i use them as part of a new drum kit
geist kits save fine when i use speedrum 1 which is what i'm doing as a workaround till it's fixed in speedrum 2

cheers

Again, what a great VST! One thing I do miss is "undo", it's too easy to kill your sets when browsing samples. Is this achievable in the future of the product?

emef wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:56 am all working great here
the only problem i'm having is the geist kit import doesn't save the geist kits when i use them as part of a new drum kit
geist kits save fine when i use speedrum 1 which is what i'm doing as a workaround till it's fixed in speedrum 2

cheers
Yeah, that should be fixed by the time we get out of beta

guppi wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:08 pm Again, what a great VST! One thing I do miss is "undo", it's too easy to kill your sets when browsing samples. Is this achievable in the future of the product?
Undo/redo is on the to-do list, but I can't say when it will be implemented

Great update! Congrats for the release! Wanting to upgrade to v2 but didn't receive the discount code with my email yet. Made a request some days ago :(

rs8888 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:54 pm Great update! Congrats for the release! Wanting to upgrade to v2 but didn't receive the discount code with my email yet. Made a request some days ago :(
If you haven't received it within 24 hours, please check your spam folder, try again or PM me here on KVR or on the Discord channel

I'd love to see one or two extra options for 'humanise' in the absence of a mod matrix - maybe filter cutoff and either envelope attack slope OR sample start location.
And a wet/dry mix control on the compressor would be lovely.

Really good work though, it's intuitively designed and works brilliantly. When do you think beta will end? Pretty sure I'll buy it before then :)

The beta period will end at the end of the month

Return to “Apisonic Labs”