Mirror - New 8-voice Synth from Moog!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's one way to lose your beta tester status.

"Filtaz"

Yeah, surprised at Moog giving beta duties to somebody semi literate.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Frankly, that reads like a bunch of bollocks to me. Probably someone who holds some kind of grudge against Moog, InMusic, or is pissed off at the acquisition.

Yeah, I’m calling on BS on that guy. No way he’s a beta tester.
machinesworking wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:47 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:16 pm OB-6 > Trigon-6 > Prophet-6, IMO. Trigon-6 and Prophet-6 are more aggressive, OB-6 is more fat.
I have to say, I got excited about the Trigon-6 but honestly it's like you mention, not that thick sounding for being a 3 osc synth. At least the demos I've heard, no store has them locally. The OBX-8, wonder what people think of it compared to the OB-6?
I have no idea what demos you guys are listening to, but as an owner of all three, I can testify that the Trigon is by far the fattest sounding of the three, and the OB-6 is the slimmest sounding overall. The Trigon shakes my walls, the OB-6, not so much. Put those three oscillators in unison, turn on all waveforms, detune them and pan spread them, and it’s immense. The OB-6 and P6 can’t match that. The “problem” with the Trigon is that it’s too easy to consume a mix with one or two patches, so much of that fatness needs to be EQ’ed out to make room for other sounds. That’s rarely a problem with the OB-6 - it just works most of the time.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:01 pm I have no idea what demos you guys are listening to, but as an owner of all three, I can testify that the Trigon is by far the fattest sounding of the three, and the OB-6 is the slimmest sounding overall. The Trigon shakes my walls, the OB-6, not so much.
Good to know. I had all 3 in the studio. The OB-6 sounded the smoothest and silkiest to me. I guess I was looking for more ear soothing and less wall shaking.

If you guys want to talk about Sequential synths, please make a thread for it. This thread is for the new Moog Polysynth.

You're right. Sorry.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:15 pm If you guys want to talk about Sequential synths, please make a thread for it. This thread is for the new Moog Polysynth.
Hey, I made this thread, I make the rules. :smack:

Jk, yeah, sorry for the OT. :dog:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:01 pm Frankly, that reads like a bunch of bollocks to me. Probably someone who holds some kind of grudge against Moog, InMusic, or is pissed off at the acquisition.
Have to agree, there's too many red flags in one review to say it's anything like an honest one. Sounds like someone who thinks InMusic is poison, not someone who attempted an honest review.
Let's be real here too, he's flatly breaking his NDA's in order to talk shit about the synth, when anyone who was worried would have lit up the beta emails, then if if was released in bad shape wrote out that blog.

Admitted fake. If you hadn't already, disregard.

Glad they admitted to the ruse but I was gonna say I've managed betas with folks like doing the testing (usually invited by someone outside of the engineering team). Hard to push back on the inexperience because of the overwhelming arrogance.

IMG_0034.jpeg
Posted on GS, apparently from Mike Dean’s IG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cryophonik wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:43 pm IMG_0034.jpeg

Speculation had it based on the Grandmother/Matriarch, but that looks more like the Moog One osc.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:32 am
cryophonik wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:43 pm IMG_0034.jpeg

Speculation had it based on the Grandmother/Matriarch, but that looks more like the Moog One osc.
If the Osc is based on the Moog One, I sure hope they solve the issue with intonation.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”