How many of you are getting the Osmose?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harmes wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:58 pm Do you prefer Osmose to 8) Roli so far?
I don’t think there can be a useful answer to this, as they are profoundly different. Like asking which do you like better, steak or chicken. You’re just as likely to get one or the other or both or even neither as an answer, depending on who you ask. I think I’d put myself in the “both,” category, but I only have room for one and I’m really used to the Rise 49. If I entered an alternate universe where I had the Osmose, I’d probably be all, “cool.” 8)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

jackoo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:15 pm I got mine yesterday. Waited for 10 months or so.
I love the keyboard.
However, I get some clicks and pops (similar when my audio interface has an ASIO buffer under-run). This happens only on some patches. Firmware is up-to-date.
Hope I get an answer soon from their tech support... :help: :neutral:
See pdxindies post above - some people had to re-start their Osmose to get it sound smooth.
May be related to the auto-calibration on startup maybe? - be sure you have nothing lying on the keys, everything is clean and you don't touch it until it's finished - and that it's acclimated to room temperature.
Can't offer any other advice, ours is thankfully in perfect order (after we got that locking power connector set right :dog: :oops: ).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I don't have the Osmose, but well the Seaboard Rise2 and the Linnstrument. My findings are that the Rise2 offers a very sensitive velocity response which I don't experience in my Linnstrument, nor in my Arturia KeyLab Essential 49 mk3. But I like the matrix design of the Linnstrument better than an old-school piano layout. Regarding Arturia, they might offer better velocity-tracking with their 88-key board (which I have at a different location and have not yet been able to compare - but those are not MPE-supporting controllers anyway).
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:53 am
jackoo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:15 pm I got mine yesterday. Waited for 10 months or so.
I love the keyboard.
However, I get some clicks and pops (similar when my audio interface has an ASIO buffer under-run). This happens only on some patches. Firmware is up-to-date.
Hope I get an answer soon from their tech support... :help: :neutral:
See pdxindies post above - some people had to re-start their Osmose to get it sound smooth.
May be related to the auto-calibration on startup maybe? - be sure you have nothing lying on the keys, everything is clean and you don't touch it until it's finished - and that it's acclimated to room temperature.
Can't offer any other advice, ours is thankfully in perfect order (after we got that locking power connector set right :dog: :oops: ).

Cheers,

Tom
I received my replacement. It seems to work perfectly now.
So now comes the tough part. Programming this thing, and programming my computers to listen to its commands.

But extremely happy so far :D
I wish you could do keyboard splits within the keyboard menu itself.

Ah, great to hear!
We love ours like no other electronic instrument we have. :-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Expressive E (and me) have created a Bitwig Controller Script for the Osmose.

In collaboration with Expressive E there is now (26-03-2024) an Osmose Controller Script for Bitwig that enables the recording and editing of MPE data coming from the Osmose in Bitwig and controlling other MPE compatible devices such as Synths and FX.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qifImv ... sp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qifImvUhVca3uDLqj8cwdNWm3B-pyZ6f/view?usp=sharing)

Place the script into the following directory:
<...Bitwig install path...>\resources\Controller Scripts\Expressive E\Osmose.control.js

After placing the script -> start Bitwig -> Bitwig will find the Osmose automatically (Windows)

To manually install the Osmose: Go to the Bitwig Settings>Controller>Add(+) Choose Expressive E > Osmose.

For further instructions / tips on how to play the Osmose form within Bitwig -> read the comments (//) in the script.

Special thanks go to the Expressive E support team for their very good support and nice cooperation!

Now Express yourselves Multidimensionally :-)

Kind regards,
Huib Schippers.

:tu:

Just bumping this thread to state that the Osmose has finally brought the synthesizer to the mechanics of a clavichord over the piano. Words cannot even begin to express, beyond the fact that its using the EagenMatrix as the engine, how long I've been waiting for a clavichord-based synthesizer.

True MPE or not, it's truly a great time to be alive as a synthesist!

Yes, it truly lived up to its promise, the new Phase Plant pre-sets are excellent as well - looking forward to the new update that will make the pre-set management much better....

https://www.instagram.com/expressive_e/ ... dONait9z5/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”