Surge XT MPE sound design tutorials

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How you edit your videos are up to you, but as someone who has never programmed a synth before, I am not interested in content that is not relevant to the task at hand. I do not mind any noodling as long as it briefly and clearly demonstrates how the modifications shape the patch itself. Breaking the videos up would make it easier for me to comprehend, whereas the current pacing has been challenging for me and demands intense concentration.

FranklyFlawless wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:00 am How you edit your videos are up to you, but as someone who has never programmed a synth before, I am not interested in content that is not relevant to the task at hand. I do not mind any noodling as long as it briefly and clearly demonstrates how the modifications shape the patch itself. Breaking the videos up would make it easier for me to comprehend, whereas the current pacing has been challenging for me and demands intense concentration.
That's kind of what the chapter breaks are for. I want to minimize how often I need to send people off to another video to get what they need out of this one. But there are always tradeoffs.

We might not agree on all these things but I do appreciate your feedback and am trying to incorporate it as best I can. As I proceed I might start to be more comfortable breaking things up more, now that I think all of the fundamentals are out of the way.

Right, and everyone absorbs information differently. Currently I have to schedule a time to dedicate watching the entire episode in one uninterrupted session, whereas others may be able to break it up over the course of multiple days.

I will aim to leave feedback by late Thursday to early Friday.

I haven't watched the video yet, but it definitely wins for the best title screen thus far.

;)

Cheers!

Haha, I hope no one is too disappointed when they find out she's really just an oscillator :)

I have not had the time to dedicate to watching and providing feedback for the latest episode due to its video length. Currently it is not accessible for me, so I will consider revisiting it later when my schedule permits.

No worries

For the record, I wasn't worried.

;)

Cheers!

FranklyFlawless wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:00 am How you edit your videos are up to you, but as someone who has never programmed a synth before, I am not interested in content that is not relevant to the task at hand. I do not mind any noodling as long as it briefly and clearly demonstrates how the modifications shape the patch itself. Breaking the videos up would make it easier for me to comprehend, whereas the current pacing has been challenging for me and demands intense concentration.
Whilst I find the videos interesting, so me the pace is very slow, so the opposite.

I guess this is why making videos about this sort of thing Is difficult, what level do you aim for?

I'm thinking in general they are probably just about right, like the bears porridge.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

BobDog wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:57 pm I guess this is why making videos about this sort of thing is difficult, what level do you aim for?
Physical models of acoustic instruments, so the oscillators I mentioned earlier in this thread would be useful to understand for plucked string sounds.

The next video's all about physical modeling, it'll go through karplus strong and dive into the modal resonator at the end. It's a beast though; halfway recorded and the editing will be a nightmare. The principle is simple but on the whole it's not an easy topic.

I look forward to the episode being released, even though I may struggle at the moment with scheduling time and space for it, let alone understanding the concepts themselves. Physical modelling synthesis is highly relevant to my roadmap, so providing any feedback when I am capable of doing so is an investment that will directly influence my learning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuBsQ9yIy7M

Sorry, the modal resonator got pushed to next week. The video would have been way too long, even by my standards :)

Return to “Roger Linn Design”