Blue Cat's Connector 1.3 Released

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Connector

Blue Cat's Connector 1.3 is here! Check it out!

What's New
- Improved network connection performance and reliability at low latencies.
- Audio can now be compressed (lossless or lossy) to reduce network traffic.
- Improved network efficiency: can now be used over Wifi networks (with higher latency).
- Automatic re-buffering: receiver will automatically adapt when sender sends packets larger than expected.
- Estimation of network latency is now displayed in a tooltip when hovering the mouse over the network icon in the receiver (network mode).
- Fully compatible with previous versions and the new Fader Hub software.
- Fixed GUI performance issues on MacOS Sonoma.

[original announcement]

Finally works for me! I've never been able to get this to work with the BC ASIO driver without buffering clicks & trust me I tried everything! reinstalled v1.3 and now works perfectly on default settings between apps on my PC. Thank you!

mysiak wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:59 am Finally works for me! I've never been able to get this to work with the BC ASIO driver without buffering clicks & trust me I tried everything! reinstalled v1.3 and now works perfectly on default settings between apps on my PC. Thank you!
Great, thanks for the heads up! A lot of improvements have been done regarding connection performance. Glad to see that it helps!

Is there planned any web streaming feature? It would be great to avoid installing the app in the client side.

Maydrim wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:28 am Is there planned any web streaming feature? It would be great to avoid installing the app in the client side.
This is not in the projects at the moment. But you can now use the Freeceiver app/plug-in on the client side, which does not require any extra license (it is 100% free).

Since we discussed the topic here, you may want to check our new network audio tutorial on the blog that explains how to use Freeceiver and Connector for remote collaboration and streaming:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”