MuLab 10

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. Correct behavior of Rack with Ctrl+Drag&Drop
viewtopic.php?t=604568https://www.kvrau ... p?t=604568
2. Duplicate Rack and Track.
Combining the above point 1, when the number of racks and tracks increases to the extent that they no longer fit on the screen, efficiency tends to decrease significantly.
3. Edit multiple clips in one view.

Thank you!

mutools wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:21 pm Anyway, i'd like to take this opportunity to ask every MuLab user for his/her personal top 3 feature request for MuLab.
  • MuLab app: Ability to record multiple MIDI/Vsti tracks simultaneously (add "record arm" and "monitor" buttons).
  • MuLab plugin: fix the timing problem with the composer projects not being properly synchronized with the host applications - once playback starts MuLab use it's own clock and (unlike other known plugins) runs out of sync after a while.
  • MuLab app and plugin: add "Program Change" to automation sub-tracks controllers list and to "MIDI controller generator" module.

robert_p wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:14 amMuLab app: Ability to record multiple MIDI/Vsti tracks simultaneously (add "record arm" and "monitor" buttons).
To separate tracks, you mean? You can record the mix already, of course.
robert_p wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:14 amMuLab app and plugin: add "Program Change" to automation sub-tracks controllers list and to "MIDI controller generator" module.
Ah, my "MIDI wish list" is very long, as is my automation wish list... but satisfied by Sforzando, Reaper and TouchOSC, more or less.

pljones wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:30 pm To separate tracks, you mean?
Yes, similar to audio multitrack monitoring/recording, with MIDI and Vst instruments instead.
  • Play/record piano on track 1 with synth pad on track 2 simultaneously
  • MIDI keyboard split - record chords played with left hand on lower octave (track 3) and melody line played with right hand on higher octave (track 4)
  • Two MIDI keyboards - play/record piano and synth pad (1st MIDI keyboard - track 1 and 2) while a girlfriend plays cello (2nd MIDI keyboard - track 3)
  • My girlfriend is pissed off at me - I arm all MIDI tracks and play Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries".

For V10 I really hope you keep the plugin version and the app version en par feature-wise.

The plugin version is super cool for my workflow as it adds features to my DAW it would not have otherwise. There is no better solution. So please never drop the plugin or cripple it in any way 👍

These features would be nice:
- more non-linear features with more trigger modes (e.g. trigger named ranges)
- playlists which allow variations of the arrangement and can be triggered as a pattern
- plugin version as CLAP and VST3
- per note automation in all editors / note expression
- clip pooling for ALL types of clips
- also see my other feature requests 😇 (especially regarding the composer)

MuLab is really superb! Thanks so much for doing this 😊👍

PelletProject wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:52 am Multiband splitter module with adjustable crossovers and slopes, maybe even the ability to add up to a certain amount of bands
I wish that too. Fortunately, MuLab supports 3rd party vst plugins that can be integrated into its front panels. With a little effort we can create a custom Mux that has functionality similar to Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer (and save $129).

Requires free TBPro Audio ISOL8 Vst2 (not Vst3)

https://www.tbproaudio.de/products/isol8
---
Band Splitter.jpg
ISOL8 Band Splitter.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robert_p wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:41 amRequires free TBPro Audio ISOL8 Vst2 (not Vst3)
I'd be inclined to add that to the bottom of the front panel, just to give the creator credit.

pljones wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:31 am I'd be inclined to add that to the bottom of the front panel, just to give the creator credit.
"Powered by TBPro Audio ISOL8". Good idea. :tu:

Updated with credits and download link:
---
ISOL8 Band Splitter.jpg
ISOL8 Band Splitter.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@ dakkra:
After watching the Context Aware Display video, I did suggest this, but I think a better position would be at the bottom of the Browser. Some of us use the keyboard on the top bar. ;)

Another bit of UX that is minimal but nice to have is showing the correspondent shortcut next to the name of the element. So, as below, it should show:
Switch Composer <-> Editor (tab)

Since the "tab" key is my shortcut for it.

2024-03-26_20-58.png

I have been thinking of using Mulab Plugin in Studio One or Reaper or FL Studio.
But now I am considering to use Mulab App and Mulab Plugin and do away with any other DAW.
Good thing I signed up for the life-time offer.

So now for me, my Feature Requests are even more important.
In the order of importance:
1. ARA full implementation. If this is also included in the Mulab Plugin it will be the first plugin that has ARA.
2. Multitouch capable. If made in JUCE multi-touch is automatically included.
3. Wish Mulab includes many midi effects modules.

Looks like there is very little support for implementing ARA in Mulab. :(
And to a lesser degree Multi-touch capability.
So I will no longer consider Mulab App as my main DAW.
I will however consider to use Mulab Plugin with my Main DAW.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1. GUI cleanup:
More 'in situ' editing of text and values, rather than little popup windows.
Reorganize the context menus. I'd rather navigate to one of a handful of submenus that pop out to the side than a great list of items that rolls off the screen.
I still find the browser a bit clunky, butI have no suggestions on how it might be improved. I like the being able to add favorite locations, but it lacks elegance.

2. Collect underpants.
3. Profit!

As you can see, I think that I have all of the features that I need, and really have had them since I first bought v6. I upgrade with each version mostly to support Jo. I imagine him living in a tiny, cramped garret, old newspaper stuffed into the cracks of the one window to keep the wind out, wrapped in a threadbare blanket, wearing fingerless gloves, typing away in VC on his ancient ThinkPad, drinking espresso after espresso waiting for the compilation cycle to complete at 4 in the morning.

Also, I do get things liked CLAP and VST3 support. :D

Anyway, Jo, I hope that you are able to update your GUI language to make the workflow more, uh.,. workflowy!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

mutools wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:21 pm Anyway, i'd like to take this opportunity to ask every MuLab user for his/her personal top 3 feature request for MuLab. Some of you already did :tu:
Then after sufficient time, when everyone has got his/her chance to post his/her top 3, lets see which are the common ones.

Meanwhile i'll continue the planned works on MuLab 9.5.
That's apart from this interesting topic about MuLab's future evolution.

Cheers!
1. Abitilty to edit multiple clips in the midi editor (incl automation) i.e. Ghost notes as discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=472923&hilit=ghost+notes
2. Ability to change the time signature in the composer as discussed here: viewtopic.php?p=8414044&hilit=time+signature#p8414044
3. An optional setting for Reaper-like look-ahead processing to enable a higher track count before the CPU maxes out.

Is this a feature request thread?
:)

Nothing beats dragging and dropping IMO.
It took me about 20-30 minutes of fumbling around to find how to export and save a sequence. ...its down in the bottom of the right click menu in the side bar somewhere... But what if you could just drag and drop a sequence, onto the desktop, and it triggers/opens up the export menu. And just everything, Modules and Mux's. You could just boom, boom, boom, into a folder on the desktop. If you had to tear a project apart, to salvage a few pieces, or rebuild it, or anything that you could need parts for.

Return to “MUTOOLS”