Your enemies will hate this track! Only listen if you're not a sissy! (Clickbait)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Learning from aSocialmedia means to learn to use Clickbait to your advantage - The content is irrelevant as long as you have a good title that makes the people click!

... if somebody still wants to listen to my track, you can find it here: https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/blue ... ience-2024

--
By the way: The track uses only Surge XT 1.3.1 as synth. No samples. Obviously an armada of mixing fx on top of delays, reverbs and subtle saturators. No postprocessing. It drops that way out of the DAW.
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds great sounds in there, put a lot of work into it , and I think it shows.
Sometimes though, imho, there are a number of times where different elements are all doing "clever" things, but actually they are competing for attention. I'm a believer in having one primary focus at a time. Like a photograph, "whats the primary subject I want viewers to look at and notice". Maybe thats me - I just can't multitask well ; )

Very nice! I thought all the voices complemented each other quite nicely and everything was distinct and had it's own depth and width. The track had a great flow and kept my head bobbing. Cool sound design as well.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Bansaw wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:32 am Sounds great sounds in there, put a lot of work into it , and I think it shows.
Sometimes though, imho, there are a number of times where different elements are all doing "clever" things, but actually they are competing for attention. I'm a believer in having one primary focus at a time. Like a photograph, "whats the primary subject I want viewers to look at and notice". Maybe thats me - I just can't multitask well ; )
Thanks, Bansaw!
And You are absolutely right ... adding things on top of other things is my biggest problem. If I find a cool sound ... I cannot go without it. Damn it I have to work on making it work with less.
Anyways, thanks again for your nice review!

Nice mix! I agree with eassae. Like around the :55 mark. I wanted to enjoy the high notes and it wasn't that the bass took it away but it wasn't enough contrast to bob my head to those notes but also I understand it was a transition to the next part. Regardless! Awesome track!

eassae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:38 pm Very nice! I thought all the voices complemented each other quite nicely and everything was distinct and had it's own depth and width. The track had a great flow and kept my head bobbing. Cool sound design as well.
Hey eassae, thanks for your nice feedback! :tu:

Irresistibly, relentlessly danceable with excellent sound design. Great stuff! :)

Bait worked. I clicked. I'm not sorry I did. Lot's going on but the pulse had me going with it the whole way.

Frantz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:06 am Irresistibly, relentlessly danceable with excellent sound design. Great stuff! :)
Thanks Fragile Gods ... even more so because I was not to nice in my reviewing of your track "Shadowboxing"... hope you don't mind.
jwnicholson wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 am Bait worked. I clicked. I'm not sorry I did. Lot's going on but the pulse had me going with it the whole way.
And thanks as well, jwnicholson!

As everyone else said, fantastic sounds but a bit too much going on. You could turn this into two separate tracks.

You are doing it all wrong. Subscribe to my channel to find out why...
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I'm still a sissy.

Allomerus wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:46 pm You are doing it all wrong. Subscribe to my channel to find out why...
Hahahhaha

Actually, I enjoyed it. Cool track.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Great stuff. I like all the different elements going off at once, that is psychedelic.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Return to “Music Cafe”