Sergei Prokofiev's The Love for Three Oranges Op. 33 March on the Oberheim OBX8

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After a long Hiatus, trying to heal up from neck and back injuries that have greatly limited my studio time, I bring you my favorite piece by Sergei Prokofiev, The Love for Three Oranges Op. 33 March. I performed this using only the awesome Oberheim OBX8. At first I thought that I would whiz right through this, but putting all the arrangement down was much more complicated than I originally thought. I believe that I got 99% of the notes correct, but you be the judge. I hope that you all enjoy my efforts.

https://youtu.be/f1AY3EpbSzs?si=0Qjt_OrlGB8fqRqT

That was interesting. Thank you for sharing. I do love the original very much.

What a unique treatment of this piece. I wouldn't have expected a synthesizer version of a Prokofiev piece to work but it did.

Enjoyed that very much. Very original idea! I was not familiar with that piece so I listened to the London Symphony arrangement. The OBX8 sounds excellent and gives it a whole new dimension. Very well done. I wish I had thought of it!

Paulieworld wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:34 pm Enjoyed that very much. Very original idea! I was not familiar with that piece so I listened to the London Symphony arrangement. The OBX8 sounds excellent and gives it a whole new dimension. Very well done. I wish I had thought of it!
Thanks! :)
ecamburn wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:10 am What a unique treatment of this piece. I wouldn't have expected a synthesizer version of a Prokofiev piece to work but it did.
thanks! :)
empphryio wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:55 am That was interesting. Thank you for sharing. I do love the original very much.
You are welcome. :)

I hadn't heard of the original and had to look it up to make sure it was for real. You more than did it justice.

This is great with excellent sound design. It is reminiscent of Tomita's work. :tu:

Frantz wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:08 am This is great with excellent sound design. It is reminiscent of Tomita's work. :tu:
Thank you! :)
jwnicholson wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:07 am I hadn't heard of the original and had to look it up to make sure it was for real. You more than did it justice.
Thanks! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”