Repro-5 patches in HIVE (lua converter)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which Hive mode is better for converting RP5 patches, Normal or Clean?

Last edited by Chris-S on Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Self answer:
RP5 has a high resonance range, so eg. Reso 60 on RP5 equals Reso 100 on Hive.
To approximate this I think the Normal mode with reduced filter saturation (input level) is best.

binary data section in h2p files

Is is safe to attach the section from e.g. the init preset to converted patches?

Or is it better to create converted patches without the binary section, and let Hive add the data by loading/saving the converted patch?

The bin data has a relation to the data above. If you swap just the data between two presets, you might be feeding the plug-in junk. I don’t think we test this scenario at all, so this can lead to crashes or even noise bursts and stuff… better not to do this…

Curious what you're up to !

Soundx like an automatic converter, which could be a good starting point for further tweaking
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Indeed. For now it's just for personal fun and learning lua .

Of course it can only convert presets which are not using osc2 cross modulation. Hive can't do this.
Last edited by Chris-S on Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

neat.

Chris-S wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:15 am binary data section in h2p files

Is is safe to attach the section from e.g. the init preset to converted patches?

Or is it better to create converted patches without the binary section, and let Hive add the data by loading/saving the converted patch?
I was considering playing around with some preset files for fun too, let us know if you figure anything out regarding the best (or worst!) ways to handle the binary part. :tu:

I think writing the patch files w/o the bin section, then loading and saving in Hive (bin data is added) is safe.

At least I did not notice any malfunction so far. :borg: 8)

Thanks a lot. That was my biggest concern. I done scripting stuff for fully human readable presets, just nothing with binary included.

The way I see, if it makes sounds, and some end up be interesting/usable, that's success. ;)

First Demo. :D

The preset "11 BRASS" converted without after tweaks. A touch of reverb added on master.
demo1.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,
here as an easter present my free patch bank HIVE_meets_P5 containing the 40 Prophet-5 presets. Converted from the Repro presets (folder "1978 Historic") with repro2hive.

Added some FX.

Some presets (sync, cross modulation) have been tweaked after conversion.

Original presets by John Bowen.

Have fun!
chris-s
Hive_meets_P5_V1.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Very promising to see this! Thanks for the share.

Hi, is there a trick in Hive to limit the modulations to knob range, like Repro is doing?
Example: OSC Volume is 50, Pitchwheel Modulation Amount 100%.
Repro: By moving the pitch wheel volume can be set from 0 to 100.
Hive: By moving the pitch wheel volume can be set from -50 to 150. -50 is mapped to 50 (phase inverted I guess).

EDIT: Confirmed, below zero the wave is inverted.

Let me know (via PM) if you have any fav Repro-5 patch which I shall take into my upcoming soundset for Hive "Best of Repro5".

Return to “u-he”