Broken GUI on all Melda plugins on Ableton Live on OSX

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys my GUI has been broken on all Melda plugins.

Core issue: the window resizes without ability to resize it back again. This is occuring with Melda plugins only and no others AUs or VSTs. Issue occurs in both the AU and VST form of the plugin. (Machine: standard macbook m2 13”, 6gb ram, no extra screen, no other devices connected. [OS: OSX 13.1] [DAW: Ableton Live Version 11.3.21])

How to invoke the issue: I open a Melda plugin eg. MautodynamicEQ. Upon first launch it’s fine. Then I close the window and 100% of the time it fails to load the screen again as it was. This only occurs with Melda plugins. Only in the last 1-2 months has it occured. All other plugins fine. Settings: standard. GPU acceleration enabled.

Actions taken so far:

1 - Checked multiple plugins, eg MautodynamicMB, Munison, Mgranularmb. It occurs on all, and the rest.

2 - Uninstalled all Melda plugins then reinstalled. Issue still remains.

3 - Cleared Window Settings Cache, issue remains.

4 - switched off 'custom GUI feature', issue remains.

Ref:

Hey, what I can advice you are two things:

1. Enable retina support for in Melda plugins (you have it off), this I think will resolve your problem, as HiDPI is enabled by default under macOS in Live.
2. Update your macOS to latest version, actually it is 13.6.4 for Ventura.

Let me know if it helps, if not we will investigate further, but it works fine on my test machine.

Hi,

I can observe similar bugs with two hosts (Reaper 7 and Max/MSP 8) with Melda Production V16 running on Monterey (12.7.3) on a M1 Mac. With Retina support disabled, the controls on the right side are hidden (see first snapshot) and I need to extend the window to see them, which means that the plugin communicates a wrong window size to the host.

With Retina support enabled, the GUI appears twice smaller as they should on the bottom left (see second snapshot). Mouse interaction does not work any more.

Upgrading the OS to Ventura is unfortunately no option for me, and I guess also for many users, as it may break the compatibility with other applications. Too bad, I use Melda more and more and really like it.

Any chance to have it working on OS12?

All the best,

Alexis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UPDATE:

it seems that downgrading from Melda 16.11 to 16.00 helps. With this version, the GUI behaves well on Reaper, and on Max/MSP with Retina support disabled (still bogus with Retina support enabled).

Alexis

Return to “MeldaProduction”