iZotope Trash Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Trash

jens wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:48 pm
Most actually do, including Destructor/Axiom and the free Voxengo Boogex.
Cool. It doesn't have an IR browser like Trash, but it's an option.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Criitics on this forum are always the same. Whine about price/upgrade price/protection method/long feature list - what's missing.

No, you are doing it wrong!

You should actually use the product, and listen to the sounds you are getting! What a novel idea, right? Please note: all recent Native Instruments effects are simplified/user friendly/'sound good'-optimised. Same for e.g. Izotope Neoverb, not counting the older and more 'pro' effects. Why is that? ON PURPOSE!

How dare you! You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:55 pm I'm trying to think of another effect plugin that has distortion and convolution. Are there any?
Audioease Speakphone 2 is a very specific application of this. It's great, but rather ancient. Would be useful for Trash to have a folder for real world effects - phones, intercoms, megaphones etc.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Medenka wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:53 am Criitics on this forum are always the same. Whine about price/upgrade price/protection method/long feature list - what's missing.
Characterizing criticism as whining, especially in an absolute statement, is a flawed dismissive tactic, and it is cliché.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

And the decline in company reputation is warranted. Along with all the changes that are causing it.

I'm disappointed that the UI is not even more simple, I just want a big red button that produces a gold plated mansion in an adjacent affluent area when pushed. Who needs all that music production blarney when you could skip right to the good stuff. :party:

Sounds good, but not CPU friendly.

Yes it seemed to have lost a few of its older features but gained a few more useful ones. Who knows, the missing features could end up returning in their next major upgrade,

Interesting thought being able to blend 4 convolutions. I have yet to grab it, but that's one of the things that intrigues me.

jens wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:58 pm By the way: I think quite similar to Trash in a way are both McDSP's Futzbox and Audiothing's Speakers. The big difference however is (and this goes of course for all the amp-sims too) that they're just single-band, so you'd need something like Waves' Studio Rack in order to approach some of the stuff you can do with Trash. (But such a combo would then of course be a whole lot more powerful and flexible than Trash.)
Yeah that's been a consideration of mine for a while. I'm still in the prototyping stage of some ideas though. Haven't got as far as to making quite a few presets complete with assigned Macros. But its coming along slowly.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:36 pm Blue Cat's Axiom doesn't allow imported IRs, AFAIK.
It does! Axiom, Destructor and actually even our Free Amp do let you load custom IRs:

And they have no IR length limit btw (you can even load reverb impulses if you want to).

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:27 am
jens wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:48 pm
Most actually do, including Destructor/Axiom and the free Voxengo Boogex.
Cool. It doesn't have an IR browser like Trash, but it's an option.
There is indeed no built-in browser for IR, but it supports drag & drop so you can use the Finder / Windows Explorer, or any convenient file browser instead.

awesome, i still didnt check Destructor/Axiom, maybe it can replace Trash2?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:04 pm awesome, i still didnt check Destructor/Axiom, maybe it can replace Trash2?
Didn't you get the memo, Trash can also replace Trash :ud:

Admittedly, though, while it has gained some features, it lost a few too. Though the convolution part has been markedly improved because it now allows you to blend up to 4 and automate the balances.

Medenka wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:53 am Criitics on this forum are always the same. Whine about price/upgrade price/protection method/long feature list - what's missing.
Indeed, the emperor has no clothes.

Return to “Effects”