Harmony Bloom by Mario Nieto (MIDI plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

chardin wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:55 pm Hello, Mario! I'm enjoying Harmony Bloom and appreciate the updates. The new "E.Offset" feature is really nice.
I'm curious why the "Loop Length" only has powers of 2 available (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, ...) Why aren't the other prime numbers or odd numbers listed? Again, I'm just curious.
Thats a good question, Although in theory other divisions are possible, there are several reasons for the current choices. First, using powers of 2 helps everything sound more cohesive and synchronized, fitting better within the musical project's context. Moreover, providing more options could potentially complicate the user experience. However, if somebody wnats to experiment with rhythms outside the predefined options in the loop length, it's possible by turning off the sync mode and manually adjusting the tempo.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:52 pm Any news about the 1.2.0 version?
I'm actively working to have it ready as soon as possible. If all goes well, I think it will be ready by next week.

My weekly routine:
Updating Harmony Bloom and then watering the flowers... :tu:

If you're interested in exploring the latest features of Harmony Bloom 1.2.0 before it's released, such as "Spectator Mode," "Custom Colors," and "Custom Scales," I'll be streaming live on YouTube today. Feel free to turn on notifications and swing by to say hi.

https://youtube.com/live/eVX4DCTau0g?feature=share

Oops, sorry!
Last edited by killmaster on Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mesmerizing. :)

Plugin AND dev of the year :clap:

fireapplered wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:49 pm Plugin AND dev of the year :clap:
Definitely a hidden gem (well, not-so-hidden, anymore :D) I never thought I would see grow so fast since the first post in this thread.

1.2 is going to be quite a nice upgrade.

Bravo, Mario. :clap:

--
Marco

This thing is very cool. I've gotten away from "normal" MIDI sequencing since getting deep into modular. But I did pick up Seqund a few months ago, and I like this even more (though they're obviously for different purposes).

Even using it with a monosynth, feeding a simple arpeggiator with Harmony Bloom's output is a fun way to get constantly changing arps...

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:03 pm
chardin wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:55 pm Hello, Mario! I'm enjoying Harmony Bloom and appreciate the updates. The new "E.Offset" feature is really nice.
I'm curious why the "Loop Length" only has powers of 2 available (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, ...) Why aren't the other prime numbers or odd numbers listed? Again, I'm just curious.
Thats a good question, Although in theory other divisions are possible, there are several reasons for the current choices. First, using powers of 2 helps everything sound more cohesive and synchronized, fitting better within the musical project's context. Moreover, providing more options could potentially complicate the user experience. However, if somebody wnats to experiment with rhythms outside the predefined options in the loop length, it's possible by turning off the sync mode and manually adjusting the tempo.
I made at least two OSC entries with these prime number ratios. It opens up for seemingly never repeating sequences and still maintain a notion of consistency. I could imagine a preference to allow other lengths of loops than the power of 2. Something like „restrict loop length to power of 2“ and the default is active…

Is there a way to use the "input node" mode in legato fashion?
To be more precise, what I actually want:
- If no note is on and a note is played, reset the sequence
- If a note is on and a new note is played, do not reset the sequence and just add the new note to the sequence

The retrigger option seems to reset the sequence on each note even if you play them legato

edit: In addition to my question, I may have found a bug with automation in reaper. It looks like all parameters are rounded to the second decimal place which is an issue because in my case 0.020 sounds totally different than 0.022 depending on the other settings. I've tried a few other plugins and they seem to be fine with 3 decimal places, so I think it's not a reaper issue. To reproduce create an automation lane for "free offset" for example, then right click an envelope point and set something like 0.004, then click ok. Right click point again, the value is rounded.

FR Copy Paste current state (of focused plugin) to other instances

Also I cant find a way to keep the resized window constant

Harmony Bloom 1.2.0 is now available, with lots of improvements and new features.

Free for users who already have it. Just need to log into your account at [www.marionietoworld.com](http://www.marionietoworld.com/) to download the 1.2.0 installer for the update, and it's not necessary to re-enter the serial number.

Also today, I'll be live testing the new features in live in youtube. Swing by to say hi or ask anything you want in the chat:

https://youtube.com/live/t0afANzGNzk?feature=share

What’s New:

- NEW: Added controls for the user to choose the UI colors and save them as a default.
- NEW (Experimental): The spectator mode is an experimental feature designed to provide a cleaner and more focused viewing experience. When activated, this mode hides all interface elements associated with sequence editing. This leaves only the sequencer visible in the center of the screen, allowing for a distraction-free immersion in the content being viewed.
- NEW: Trigger bars that can be mapped to different midi channels. (ONLY IN STANDALONE) , incompatible with DAWs like Ableton due to their internal routing limitations that merge all MIDI messages.
- NEW: Show or hide orbits.
- NEW: New tools and options to select notes and change their state to be active or not, giving total control to the user over which notes will play.
- NEW: Octave selector.
- NEW: Control-click acts as right-click.
- FIXED: MIDI export buttons generate an empty file when there are no MIDI data recorded, which creates an unusable and problematic file in some DAWs.
- NEW: Custom Scales Option.
- NEW: Setting panel Layout For Standalone.
- FIXED: Can't choose '53' or '59' under Probability.
- FIXED: Top Bar popup options for buttons.
- FIXED: CC mapped fail with top Bar Buttons, Random Speed Offset, Random Even Offset.
- FIXED: Random Probability percentage CC tied to Loop Length.
- FIXED: Globla reset reset G.Offet and E:Offset.
- Several fixes and corrections in the UI.

hey mario great new features :)

unfortunately i have the problem that all projects crash where i have used harmony bloom
If I load the plugin normally it works but as soon as I load the project where I still used the old version the plugin crashes
It is also no longer possible to start the standalone version

Windows 10
DAW Bitwig 5.1.7

Cool new stuff in 1.2.0

An excellent update!

Return to “Instruments”