FREE Pitch Tracker to MPE midi VST! Chroma Pitch

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi everyone!

I'm putting out for everyone to use free a pitch detection app I created that can output midi based on the detected input. Following is a brief description of the software.
Chroma Pitch is a real-time monophonic pitch detector with experimental MPE output support. It does this by converting the detected frequency data into midi data. This feature is currently very limited.
- For simple pitch tracking just load the standalone or plug-in versions and play around!
- For MPE midi output you will need to use the standalone version and route the midi from the application through the IAC driver into your DAW of choice.

For the moment Chroma Pitch is only compatible with Mac OS. If you are interested in a Windows build let me know.

Please let me know what you think. This is a very early release that I thought would be interesting to share and get some feedback from. I'm curious to know if this is something that people are interested in using and is helpful.

If you have any issues or comments message me on Instagram [at]chromaaudio.

Link to download: https://chromaaudio.gumroad.com/l/chromapitch (https://chromaaudio.gumroad.com/l/chromapitch)

Enjoy!

Please make a Windows version! :)

Any chance the MPE midi output will later on work in a DAW and not only in standalone like now?

With MPE midi output mode as a plugin I could use the Boss GP-10 or Boss SY-1000 and via USB open six instances of Chroma Pitch in my DAW - one instance for each guitar string… :party:

The thing is, I'd use Chroma Pitch with a fretless Godin guitar hooked up to the Boss GP-10 or SY-1000 - making the fretless guitar into a polyphonic MPE controller! :love:
Fusion

I'll be very interested in checking out and testing a windows version. Aside from the pitch tracking can the volume envelope of the input be assigned to a midi CC? I'm guessing that the MPE mode uses pitch bend to allow for non quantized pitch and real vibrato?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Is this safe to install? I'm getting a lot of warnings about the file.

Edit - It was because the file was named Chroma.Pitch.0.1.1.zip.

It might be useful if there was a gate built in to the interface, perhaps with high and low pass filtering in order to better eliminate background noise and plosives. Also it would be good to be able to specify an individual input channel rather than 1+2, as most people would be using a mic as source. An on/off control for audio output on the main interface rather than the settings area would be handy.

For the plugin running inside of Logic it would be good if you could route the MIDI output to IAC or elsewhere. Ideally this would be a MIDI FX plugin but I don't expect you can set those up to receive an audio input, so being able to specify a MIDI destination is the next best choice.

lucaayscough wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:52 pm For the moment Chroma Pitch is only compatible with Mac OS. If you are interested in a Windows build let me know.
I'd love to check it out but I would need a Windows build.

Regards,
tl

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:03 am I'll be very interested in checking out and testing a windows version. Aside from the pitch tracking can the volume envelope of the input be assigned to a midi CC? I'm guessing that the MPE mode uses pitch bend to allow for non quantized pitch and real vibrato?
The app isn't quite there yet with envelope tracking, although it is definitely part of the plan and the pitch tracking does indeed allow for non-quantised pitch. I'll post an update when the I'll have a Windows build ready.

Awesome. I'm happy to do beta testing as well. Send me a message if you need builds tested. What is the tracking delay roughly? Usually it's some kind of autocorrelation so some number of cycles. I'm just curious as i dig this kind of thing.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

This looks very promising ! I would like to try this, but the link doesn't work. I would also like to volunteer for beta testing.

Return to “Instruments”