Midi Sentinel Prototype

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm building a midi controller for my specific needs since nothing exists on the market. Here are some photos. It should be done in the next couple days. I'm putting it on kickstarter, in case there is an actual market for it. It's open source and can be reprogrammed, etc.

This IS a prototype, the layout and color scheme will be the same though.

16 Knobs, a Joystick, a thumbstick, LCD screen with rotary encoder to specify your desired Midi channel and the whole thing is Midi over USB and powered via USB.

Thumbstick and joystick. My curiosity is engaged....

Interesting! Curious to know what differences or advantages this might offer over something like a Faderfox EC4?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

The question no one's asking is...can you play arcade games with the joystick and screen?

AT4_Backblast wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:46 pm It's open source and can be reprogrammed, etc.
Firmware, hardware, or both? What license(s)?

Its based on arduino

For those curious about the joystick and thumbstick...they are both analog X/Y

So you can assign midi to both...perhaps freq to X and Q to Y for a custom sweep? Regardless how you use it, having 1 control that gives you easy control over 2 settings is pretty awesome.
Last edited by AT4_Backblast on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bizzazz wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:19 am The question no one's asking is...can you play arcade games with the joystick and screen?
🤣🤣 I suppose you can! The screen in the final product is a 16x2 lcd character screen. But nothing is stopping you from modifying it with an led screen.

Kickstarter is currently in Review! I'll post up the prelaunch link when it becomes available.

Also, Ill have videos available
Here is one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m8qQx1 ... p=drivesdk

bizzazz wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:19 am The question no one's asking is...can you play arcade games with the joystick and screen?
I am actually hoping to get a github setup for the code and let people branch it with their own mods...should be interesting.

cryophonik wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:53 pm Interesting! Curious to know what differences or advantages this might offer over something like a Faderfox EC4?
So, the faderfox ec4 is $400 new...$360 or so on Reverb...I am calculating the Midi-Sentinel to retail for $200..not including shipping. Plus, you also get joysticks with my product, which are easier to use during a live show or if you are doing custom automations and automation recording.

See it being used in Ableton Live Suite

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m8qQx1 ... drive_link

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”