Roland Cloud still can’t fix CPU spikes and audio dropouts ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:46 pm What format do you use? Just au?
What buffer size do you use?
rsp
I suppose you were asking me that question?
I tend to only use au. I'm sure I could try using vst in live to see.
You can only use au in mainstage or gb.
I only use the default buffer sizes for those apple apps. Live is 512

Yes it was you.
Thanks.
I think even more than the format (i use vst3), its the buffer size might be saving you. ( I use 64 or 128).
rsp
sound sculptist

Roland software developments feels so clunky and stuck in the past.
dedication to flying

Are these plugins still giving problems with Logic Pro and Macbook M1?

Orourkekings wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:04 pm Are these plugins still giving problems with Logic Pro and Macbook M1?
The latest Legendary V2 plugins run well here (Cubase). Likewise Zenology Pro 2, minus the slow first launch (which is a cross-platform problem and suggests Roland Cloud is the issue). The XV-5080 (Native V1.04) doesn’t have anywhere near the degree of problems here the OP seemed to have (Makes me wonder if it was running in Rosetta given the well known Cubase 12 bug which made you think you were running native when you weren't). But I’d still call its CPU use “spikey” (even when idle).

Unless there’s some update activity regarding XV/JV/SRX (and even then.. ) I’d recommend going the Zenology route for those sounds on Apple Silicon (same sounds, just minus their original reverb).

Agreed, zenology works very well, and the sounds are pretty much exactly the same.The preset names are the same as what you'll find in the individual plugins

vad.martyn wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:06 pm I tried latest version of Roland Cloud XV-5080, JV-1080 and various SRX plugins. They still have CPU spikes and audio dropouts at low and medium buffer sizes.

Here I made a short video tying to demonstrate those issues with XV-5080

https://youtu.be/Kz5CWt036Ts?si=_XaQhNxFq2ouL_jg

( yes I had to use annoying over-used type of clickbait YouTube thumbnail in attempt not get some users on YouTube to see the video )
Sometimes ok, sometimes not, it depends. On the controller/DAW side, I had to turn "high Resolution Midi Out" off and in Logic Pro I had to uncheck the box for "Midi 2.0." That took care of some issues.
5080 working great, stand alone Junos not so much. All I had to do to crash the Juno 60 and Juno 106 was to put them in 8 voice mode instead of six and it was game over.

Still finding if i run very many Roland vst's in a session that Logic is going to crash which makes me even more leery about Galaxias. Running Logic 10.7.9 on a Late 2029 MacBook Pro 16" 32 gig ram.

I always print Roland stuff to audio in sessions and turn off the plugins.

What sound card are you using?
And: Do you have a Korg midi driver installed in your system?

PAK wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:42 am
Orourkekings wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:04 pm Are these plugins still giving problems with Logic Pro and Macbook M1?
The latest Legendary V2 plugins run well here (Cubase). Likewise Zenology Pro 2, minus the slow first launch (which is a cross-platform problem and suggests Roland Cloud is the issue). The XV-5080 (Native V1.04) doesn’t have anywhere near the degree of problems here the OP seemed to have (Makes me wonder if it was running in Rosetta given the well known Cubase 12 bug which made you think you were running native when you weren't). But I’d still call its CPU use “spikey” (even when idle).

Unless there’s some update activity regarding XV/JV/SRX (and even then.. ) I’d recommend going the Zenology route for those sounds on Apple Silicon (same sounds, just minus their original reverb).
Thanks. I know this is a old post but I appreciate it. I'm still looking at those vsts.

Orourkekings wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:49 pmThanks. I know this is a old post but I appreciate it. I'm still looking at those vsts.
There's actually an update.. The CPU "spiking" issue appears to be related to Apple's Max and Ultra chips.

KVR user Mogular managed to figure out that Roland Cloud's support (which can't reproduce the issue) are using iMacs, and (as of 3 weeks ago) had no access to a Mac Studio to reproduce. It's also likely to impact Macbook Pros with a Max chip too (if anyone, who has one, wants to check!)

Place your bets on how long it'll take Roland to fix this.. :party:

Return to “Instruments”