OEKSOUND Bloom (NEW)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simon.a.billington wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:44 am AI code is quite expensive to develop. It takes a great deal of time and a little trial and error to train neural networks. That cost just gets passed on.

It wont be always like that though. Like all other expensive tech it will come cheaper in time after machines become more capable and the software has paid for itself. Just look at all those expensive breakthrough plugins that aren't so expensive now.
As someone who does AI code, it’s the reverse. AI code is cheaper to develop by far. Entire software dev industry will be shaken up over the next decade as AI allows for products to be made more and more cost effectively and with fewer if any dev hours.

motomotomoto wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am
simon.a.billington wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:44 am AI code is quite expensive to develop. It takes a great deal of time and a little trial and error to train neural networks. That cost just gets passed on.

It wont be always like that though. Like all other expensive tech it will come cheaper in time after machines become more capable and the software has paid for itself. Just look at all those expensive breakthrough plugins that aren't so expensive now.
As someone who does AI code, it’s the reverse. AI code is cheaper to develop by far. Entire software dev industry will be shaken up over the next decade as AI allows for products to be made more and more cost effectively and with fewer if any dev hours.
Ha! Awesome! Now all these “but AI costs so much to develop” people and companies like oeksound who charge so much, can suck an egg. There’s absolutely no reason to charge that much for this particular plugin. ESPECIALLY without even so much as a loyalty discount.

hightyde wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

Ha! Awesome! Now all these “but AI costs so much to develop” people and companies like oeksound who charge so much, can suck an egg. There’s absolutely no reason to charge that much for this particular plugin. ESPECIALLY without even so much as a loyalty discount.
Except:
- oeksound never mentioned AI and cost to be at all AI related
- price isn’t only the software you buy, it’s also maintenance, support and reliability. All of which aren’t free

With ai it’s easier to churn out unmaintained crap to keep your subscribers entertained, it’s not easier or cheaper to maintain a good brand known for quality, reliability and timely updates.

Bloom doesnt use AI. AI is not mentioned anywhere in any of oeksound's marketing. If it used AI they'd mention it most likely. It doesnt need AI. The kids on facebook are also having trouble accpeting it's not AI. :borg: or what

hightyde wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

Nothing AI about oeksounds plugins, in fact 90% of the plugins that claim AI to have the buzzword in the name are barely doing anything with AI.

i have soothe shold i buy bloom or its no necessary?

djbthemachine wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am i have soothe shold i buy bloom or its no necessary?
I would say they're different tools. One is a resonant suppressor. The other a tone shaper. If you personally find it worth it, go for it. It's not a bad product by any stretch of the imagination, but it will ultimately be your decision.

djbthemachine wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am i have soothe shold i buy bloom or its no necessary?
It’s definitely more of a “want” plugin than a “need” plugin. Is it necessary? Absolutely not. To be perfectly honest, like some others have stated. I’m not even sure what target audience this is aimed at. Amateurs? Pros? No clue.

Any verdict on if this is a gulfoss replacer or not? I still havent grabbed gulfoss but I have soothe 2. But I think it's time, so I'm gonna grab a demo of both.

mrj1nx wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 pm Any verdict on if this is a gulfoss replacer or not? I still havent grabbed gulfoss but I have soothe 2. But I think it's time, so I'm gonna grab a demo of both.
I have and use Gullfoss on every project. I demoed Bloom. If I didnt have either and I wanted a tool for mastering to bring out the goodness I would get Gullfoss. Bloom is more of a correction tool, to me, than a generally effective goodizer like Gullfoss. I plan to buy Bloom if the price reaches a reasonable level. In the meantime I have other similar tools I can use. I can't really replace Gullfoss because I have yet to find something similar in sound. Not Teote, etc. I have all those.

I decided to grab gullfoss instead for now since I've been on the fence for years, but I did find bloom to be quite interesting. I do find the bloom description a bit too vague, I'd like to know more in detail what it actually does. Is it a remix of soothe or is it something completely different?

Well actually it all depends on what you're doing with AI. If yours spending months developing the core code, then months training it, then months again refining it and paying a group of 10 developers to do it, the whole process started getting very expensive.

The use of AI is very much like "how long is a piece of string" thing. I've heard people spending as much as a year getting developing their AI plugin.

Ploki wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 pm

what about this is AI
Educated guess, but consider...

If it's aware of what something should ideally sound like, then who was the analysis performed. it would take way too long for people to do it manually so some form of AI is usually the go to do something like this.

Then if its making seemingly intelligent decisions based on what it receives air its input versus this "ideal" then that would require quite a detailed algorithm and a lot of trial and error to get it to work as advertised. Though, the more complex something is the more difficult it is to maintain. So again, these days, AI, neural networks is usually the goto for something like this.

Plus it's the new "craze" and everyone is getting on the bandwagon, so there's always that kind of element involved in any industry. You certainly don't want to get left behind if you're in a technology field.

Do some digging around though. I'd be really interested to know how it does work and whether my educated guess is right not.

simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:43 am Educated guess, but consider...

If it's aware of what something should ideally sound like, then who was the analysis performed. it would take way too long for people to do it manually so some form of AI is usually the go to do something like this.

Then if its making seemingly intelligent decisions based on what it receives air its input versus this "ideal" then that would require quite a detailed algorithm and a lot of trial and error to get it to work as advertised. Though, the more complex something is the more difficult it is to maintain. So again, these days, AI, neural networks is usually the goto for something like this.

Plus it's the new "craze" and everyone is getting on the bandwagon, so there's always that kind of element involved in any industry. You certainly don't want to get left behind if you're in a technology field.

Do some digging around though. I'd be really interested to know how it does work and whether my educated guess is right not.
You don't need AI to munch through a bunch of data, really, it can be automatised without AI. Neither gullfoss nor TEOTE use AI, nor soothe2 for that matter.

"Seemingly" intelligent decisions. Seemingly being the key here.
> Target curve X, source is Y, adjust Y to match X dynamically..
that's simple logic, no need for machine learning.

Compressors have been "program dependent" before they were even digital.

Anyway, apparently oeksound themselves said there's no AI involved:
https://www.production-expert.com/produ ... ert-review
simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:34 am
Well actually it all depends on what you're doing with AI. If yours spending months developing the core code, then months training it, then months again refining it and paying a group of 10 developers to do it, the whole process started getting very expensive.

The use of AI is very much like "how long is a piece of string" thing. I've heard people spending as much as a year getting developing their AI plugin.
again, assuming it's AI.

This is explicitly AI and it's not 200€
https://neutone.ai

It's a weird discussion, chucking AI into pricing scheme. Oeksound has always been expensive.
Bloom is the same quality as spiff and soothe2, in my opinion people just don't see it as indispensable

The issue I have with bloom and I’m still in my trial period, is that I don’t really know when to reach for it. Resonance suppression? I’d rather Soothe 2. Compression, it’s not my fav choice. Perhaps broad eq moves, maybe, it’s pretty good there honestly. It also imparts a certain sound to the material that I have come to recognize quickly (is that the bloom?), and processors that do that reliably are usually pretty useful in the end when one comes to know that sound and want it.

Return to “Effects”