Frank Arnold - Endless Ride (EDM/Pop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks, today another finished song to listen to, instead of the "work in progress" stuff 8)

"Endless Ride"
Style: EDM
Key: D-Minor
BPM: 116
Running time: 3min 52s

DAW: Cubase
Trackcount: approx. 46

Nord Lead 2x, Serum, Omnisphere, UAD Polymaxx, Repro 1 & 5, ANA2, Absynth, Kontakt Instruments,
UAD Oxide, Echoboy, Blackhole, SSL Native Channel, VMR, UAD LA-2A, Waves Sibiliance, Panman, Steinberg Vocoder, UAD Pultec, Waves Silk Vocal, VPS Minichain, UAD Fairchild 670, SSL SubGen, LX 480, Gatekeeper and more....

Endless Ride (320kbs)
Last edited by 4damind on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cool. Mixing was good. Vocals a little too hot for me, but only slightly.
Vocoder wasn't overcooked, and whistling was a nice touch.
Were vocals Splice pack?
Well done, sir.

I'm glad you like the track 8) These are my own lyrics (no samples or Splice) and I made the vocals 1dB quieter :tu:

Endless Ride (320kbs)

I listened to the March 26 version. Wonderful electropop. All the elements work together nicely. :tu:

I would have preferred if it wasn't mastered so loudly. I think it would be nice if the piano or other lead instrument wasn't quantized to give it more human variation.

Very nice track. I enjoyed the listen.

4damind wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 pm Hi folks, today another finished song to listen to, instead of the "work in progress" stuff 8)

"Endless Ride"
Style: EDM
Key: D-Minor
BPM: 116
Running time: 3min 52s

DAW: Cubase
Trackcount: approx. 46

Nord Lead 2x, Serum, Omnisphere, UAD Polymaxx, Repro 1 & 5, ANA2, Absynth, Kontakt Instruments,
UAD Oxide, Echoboy, Blackhole, SSL Native Channel, VMR, UAD LA-2A, Waves Sibiliance, Panman, Steinberg Vocoder, UAD Pultec, Waves Silk Vocal, VPS Minichain, UAD Fairchild 670, SSL SubGen, LX 480, Gatekeeper and more....

Endless Ride (320kbs)
A lot of work went into this one...everything is so clean & lush(love the intermittent ping-pong vocals!)
Very dreamy & evocative....nice!!
:phones:

Frantz wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:26 am I listened to the March 26 version. Wonderful electropop. All the elements work together nicely. :tu:

I would have preferred if it wasn't mastered so loudly. I think it would be nice if the piano or other lead instrument wasn't quantized to give it more human variation.
Thank you very much Frantz!
As we all know, it's always difficult with loudness! I have my reference tracks, e.g. Above & Beyond, David Guetta... and I'm spot on with the loudness. Not as loud as Guetta but similar to Above & Beyond. I usually try not to get louder than -11 dB LUFS (integrated) and that's not particularly loud compared to other tracks. I think a good average is between -9 to -13 LUFS (IMO!).

kvruser1000 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:11 am Very nice track. I enjoyed the listen.
Thank you very much, I'm glad to hear that you like the track :phones:

Kross2 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am A lot of work went into this one...everything is so clean & lush(love the intermittent ping-pong vocals!)
Very dreamy & evocative....nice!!
:phones:
Thank you very much ;) Especially the delay on the vocals is automated (wet/dry), it's supposed to set accents and not be heard all the time.
Screenshot 2024-03-28 110016.jpg
Many sounds are also more in the background, when you mute them you notice that something is missing but you don't necessarily hear them right away. This helps it to sound "big" but still not too overloaded.

Endless Ride (320kbs)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Click Me!Image

I'm currently cleaning up and archiving the project and have taken a screenshot (of course, all the tracks don't fit on the screenshot :hyper:)

Here is the audio link again (but nothing has changed)
Endless Ride (320kbs)

... and happy Easter ;)

I see, you work with folders. So do I. It is much better to have an organized overview. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kvruser1000 on Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes exactly ;)
I have folders for drums, bass, vocals, FX/sweeps, synth, pads and also almost the same groups/stems (bass/drums/synth/vocals/FX stems). However, I'm not very organized when it comes to color coding the tracks.... I'm rather lazy :oops:

Color coding is nothing for me... I don't need it. :-)

I enjoyed listening to this tune. It sounds to me like it close to being ready for release.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 am I enjoyed listening to this tune. It sounds to me like it close to being ready for release.
Thank you Tony ;) Yes, it sounds to me like the track can be released. Let's see if a label is interested, otherwise I'll release the song myself.

Return to “Music Cafe”