rebuild VST out of .mse

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm an old Maize sampler user, and I had created various virtual instruments with it for my DAW, Swar Studio. That was 10 years ago, with Maize version 2.21.

These VIs seem to still work, but I get occasional crashes when loading their UI. I assume this was fixed in more recent versions.

So I'd like to rebuild all VIs with the latest Maize sampler, but there are almost 50 of them and I don't want to have to do it from scratch. Is there any way to just redo the wrapper and reuse the .mse file?

Thanks for your kind assistance on this.

Best wishes,

Mariano

swarsystems wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:45 am Hi,

I'm an old Maize sampler user, and I had created various virtual instruments with it for my DAW, Swar Studio. That was 10 years ago, with Maize version 2.21.

These VIs seem to still work, but I get occasional crashes when loading their UI. I assume this was fixed in more recent versions.

So I'd like to rebuild all VIs with the latest Maize sampler, but there are almost 50 of them and I don't want to have to do it from scratch. Is there any way to just redo the wrapper and reuse the .mse file?

Thanks for your kind assistance on this.

Best wishes,

Mariano
You can try by generating new plugin version with 2.95 and testing their functionality. Obviously some things have changed since 2.21 and that might effect them in some way.

Yes, I expect the new plugin to be free of this crash. My question was more whether there's a way to generate a new plugin and embed the .mse, without having to recreate the whole plugin from scratch.

I also only need the Mac VST. Windows VST doesn't crash.

All you can do is try, like I said generate a new plugin ( .vst3) and try to load the old files.

Oh, indeed! It seems the plugin generation has changed now, and just dropping the .mse in a .instruments folder does the trick. Awesome!

Seems to work perfectly. Only thing I am facing is the Release is very short, even if setting all Release params to max programmatically (set param value). Any idea?

swarsystems wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:08 am Oh, indeed! It seems the plugin generation has changed now, and just dropping the .mse in a .instruments folder does the trick. Awesome!

Seems to work perfectly. Only thing I am facing is the Release is very short, even if setting all Release params to max programmatically (set param value). Any idea?
Something in the ADSR has probably changed since the early Maize you used for the initial build, this might be where you'd have to rebuild the instruments.

Return to “Maizesoft”