Version issues

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kuassa Matchlock - KSM reports 1.2 is available but that is the Mac version, the latest for Windows is 1.1

Freakshow Industries : Backmask, Dumpster Fire and Mishby
KSM reports that 1.02 is installed and that 1.03 is available
The installed versions are (all latest from FI) :
Backmask - 1.03.240
Dumpster Fire - 1.03.211
Mishby - 1.03.288

Boz Digital : Das Boot, El Clapo and Le Snappet
KSM reports that versions 1.0.3, 1.1.5 and 1.0.3 are installed, and that 2.0.5 is available (for all).
The installed version are (latest from Boz):
Das Boot - 1.0.3
El Clapo - 1.1.5
Le Snappet - 1.0.3

iZotope Vinyl - KSM reports 1.12.0 installed, 1.12.1 available
Latest from iZotope Product Portal is 1.12.0

Reveal Spire - KSM reports 1.0.0.1 is installed, 1.5.16 available.
Installed version is 1.5.16

SIR StandardClip - KSM reports 1.0.0 is installed, 1.6.0.21 available
Installed version is 1.6.035

VCV Rack 2 - KSM reports 2 is installed, 2.4.1 available
Installed version is latest 2.4.1

• The Plugin Manager gets confused with major version number changes. For instances, something like Audio Thing's Fog Convolver 1.x will be installed on my maching along with Fog Convolver 2, which lives alongside it. The KVR manager tells me the version 1 plugin is out of date, which isn't quite the case. This happens with a number of plugins.
  • Universal Audio's non-Spark plugins (the DSP ones) are showing as 11.0.1 as installed, with an update to 11.1. But this just looks like a bug.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:30 pm The Plugin Manager gets confused with major version number changes. For instances, something like Audio Thing's Fog Convolver 1.x will be installed on my maching along with Fog Convolver 2, which lives alongside it. The KVR manager tells me the version 1 plugin is out of date, which isn't quite the case. This happens with a number of plugins.
This is a hard problem to fix. To prevent PDB clutter, traditionally most products in the PDB are updated to be the latest major version, so v1.x becomes 2.x, 3.x, etc. But that does lead to the issue above in KSM. Some developers prefer to add a new listing for a new major version and mark the previous version as "no longer available" and "replaced by" the newer version. But then, potentially, we end up with loads of obsolete listings.

Current thinking is that KSM users should set older versions that the have no intention of updating to be excluded or hidden (right click on the plugin in KSM).
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:30 pm Universal Audio's non-Spark plugins (the DSP ones) are showing as 11.0.1 as installed, with an update to 11.1. But this just looks like a bug.
The latest version of UAD software is 11.1: https://www.uaudio.com/downloads/uad - does it not install 11.1 plugins?

neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:51 am Kuassa Matchlock - KSM reports 1.2 is available but that is the Mac version, the latest for Windows is 1.1
Kuassa versions have been fixed.
neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:51 am iZotope Vinyl - KSM reports 1.12.0 installed, 1.12.1 available
According to https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rel ... notes.html 1.2.1 is the latest.
neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:51 am Reveal Spire - KSM reports 1.0.0.1 is installed, 1.5.16 available.
Installed version is 1.5.16

SIR StandardClip - KSM reports 1.0.0 is installed, 1.6.0.21 available
Installed version is 1.6.035

VCV Rack 2 - KSM reports 2 is installed, 2.4.1 available
Installed version is latest 2.4.1
The versions detected from the plugins by KSM are odd, I agree!

Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am The latest version of UAD software is 11.1: https://www.uaudio.com/downloads/uad - does it not install 11.1 plugins?
In my case, I believe it was still flagging them as 11.0.1. I reinstalled 11.1 just to be sure, but honestly, I haven't had a successful run of the KSM since the weekend. It just seems to stop and disappear every time now. I've tried multiple times a day to get it to scan.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm
Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am The latest version of UAD software is 11.1: https://www.uaudio.com/downloads/uad - does it not install 11.1 plugins?
In my case, I believe it was still flagging them as 11.0.1. I reinstalled 11.1 just to be sure, but honestly, I haven't had a successful run of the KSM since the weekend. It just seems to stop and disappear every time now. I've tried multiple times a day to get it to scan.
There is the known caching bug where new versions are not detected until you clear the list, close KSM and rescan. It's being investigated.

If you are getting a straight crash this may be the CLAP scanner. Have you tried just scanning VST3?

Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm If you are getting a straight crash this may be the CLAP scanner. Have you tried just scanning VST3?
I just did a VST3 only scan on Windows 10 and I happened to watching as KSM just disappeared/crashed to desktop around the 61% mark. I believe it was scanning Softube plugins at the time (which should all be up to date).

Those also throw up the can't load protection component message I get. Seems to be all iLok plugins.

Crash occurred around 10:25 a.m.

I didn't realize the scans were taking that long, but in over an hour it was only around 60%.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am
neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:51 am iZotope Vinyl - KSM reports 1.12.0 installed, 1.12.1 available
According to https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rel ... notes.html 1.2.1 is the latest.
The link to the product page is broken, both from their website and the Portal... sigh...

Managed to download it from their website though and it is now showing the correct version, I have no idea why the Portal didn't update it :shrug:

Appreciate you looking into it, thanks!

Please accept my apologies for posting here but I really want to give some positive feedback to a user elsewhere and it won't let me until I do some more posts! Thank you!

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”