MSF: Filter cuts out high frequencies at maximum value

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! Could you give me a tip, that would prevent the lowpass filter from cutting out the high frequencies even when the value is set to to the max? Because at the highest F value it is already showing of the big chunk of high frequencies. Thank you.

You can switch the pitch mode of the filter to constant and set the frequency has high as you want. On normal mode, the maximum value is 8 octaves above the note you are playing which isn't enough to disable it completely for low notes.

Antialiasing also removes a bunch of the highest frequencies. So if you're missing high frequencies without the filter module, you can turn "allow antialiasing" of in the oscillator module. Although that will probably not sound very good.

Hi. The filter mode I use is always constant. When I set filter to 24 lp, it becomes instantly dull (well, when set Resonance to zero). And if you see, in Constant Mode, the Cutoff value is maxed at 112 KHz!

Didn't notice such a drastic change in other synths (Vital, Pigments, Surge). There are some analog modes on those synths, that dull the high frequencies, but MSF has digital filters.

Yeah, putting the resonance to zero has that effect in Melda Filters. Try setting it to around 30% for a more neutral behavior.

Return to “MeldaProduction”