BFD3 current sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It’s annoying for sure but great results possible when you actually get it working.

I'm not sure how cheap it would have to get for me to want to deal with these potential hassles, and potential bugs/crashes that some have...but I could have gotten it at $45 with a code recently and didn't. So lower than that :) I have a few decent libraries that sound fine to my ear so that's part of the reason. Maybe not as good as this one, but good enough and they work with no issues.

How hard could it be to take out this POS customer-punishing copy protection garbage? I reckon they could get more customers even if it was $100 if they did. I'd be one most likely. They are either unwilling, or unable to, and whichever it is I don't have much motivation to enter their ecosystem.

Lemme see: I've got Addictive Drums 2, with lots of ad-paks; Modo Drum; EZ-Drummer 3, and BFD Player. None of them were a hassle. I like bargains as much as anyone, but that BFD3 is old and I can't be arsed to give myself headaches and pay for the privilege.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Stokely wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm How hard could it be to take out this POS customer-punishing copy protection garbage?
it was never in there in the first place. the "POS customer-punishing copy protection garbage" is an InMusic feature embedded without any heads up in the relaunch after the Roli 'hiatus'.

a review of the Inmusic portfolio assumes a corporate strategy of milking a herd of near dead cows. my utterly cynical view is they plan to migrate to a subscription only "feature". what else would justify the expense of a developing proprietary time-based "POS customer-punishing copy protection garbage" after all previous -owned- licenses have been shanghaied and the market saturated with bargain basement sale prices?

jmho, would love to be proved wrong.

Stokely wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm How hard could it be to take out this POS customer-punishing copy protection garbage? I reckon they could get more customers even if it was $100 if they did. I'd be one most likely. They are either unwilling, or unable to, and whichever it is I don't have much motivation to enter their ecosystem.
The solution is to get Superior Drummer 3 at the current sale instead of BFD3. That's the best way to teach them the lesson they need to learn. I did that and it feels like I have done the right decision.

Just curious why does it have to check your license after 90 day period ??
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

BFD 3 sounds great but it's mapping is atrocious.
SD 2 sounds good but key mapping is much better.

I'm assuming SD 3 is best of both Worlds?

My ghost notes in BFD 3 are like a goat stamping on a hot tin roof,all over the place and not dynamic.

SD 2 ,they sound great and in time like I played them.

Don't know what is happening in BFD 3 ,a latency issue?

So many options , I would not know where to start.

BFD 3 is very old software so I'm assuming it is flaky with Windows 11.

Like Magix's horrible Independence sampler which coughs and splutters all the time,pity the sounds are really nice.

Using a Yamaha multi 12 plus other pads set up with widi devices.

Smasha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:37 am My ghost notes in BFD 3 are like a goat stamping on a hot tin roof,all over the place and not dynamic..
:lol:
No auto tune...

damoog wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:47 am Just curious why does it have to check your license after 90 day period ??
It was originally 30 days until the backlash from users forced them to make it 90 days. Let that sink in.

I can only assume two things:
1. InMusic assume all its paying customers are potential criminals (even though you bought the software) and/or
2. InMusic intend to start a subscription service (which, in effect is what this already is, albeit without any monthly charges).

I just went the MelloProg route and bought Superior Drummer 3 in the recent sale. No regrets.

Smasha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:37 am BFD 3 sounds great but it's mapping is atrocious.
SD 2 sounds good but key mapping is much better.
You can of course edit the mapping any which way you want in the Key Map editor if that's what you mean.
Smasha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:37 amI'm assuming SD 3 is best of both Worlds?
Oddly, I use EZDrummer3 way more than Superior Drummer. The song builder feature is invaluable for getting a demo drum track together quickly IMO. So strange they didn't add that to Super Drummer 3 yet.

For sounds though, I use BFD3 more than both however. I really love that Evil Joe Baressi Platinum Samples pack and use that a LOT.
Smasha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:37 am My ghost notes in BFD 3 are like a goat stamping on a hot tin roof,all over the place and not dynamic.
Which drum are you using and finding that with? What velocity are your ghost notes? Sometimes I find I have to tweak the MIDI response a little. You can go to the Key Map page [again], click on a key with a drum assigned to it, and adjust the velocity curve there on a per-articulation basis. Once you get it right, save your keymap+preset and you're good to go.

I right click a tom in BFD3 .
It shows G2 -7.
WTF is -7?

When I set G2 as the output note of this drum in Steinberg's Drum Mapper,it plays a crash cymbal.

There is no place to put a -7 in the Steinberg Drum Mapper.

I decide to just use the "learn" function.
So I press the pad and then BFD assigns the roto tom to a G1 but when I hit the drum on the BFD3 display,it is an entirely DIFFERENT DRUM sound.

I'm over this shitty instrument.

BFD is awful.

So many mapping options but nothing actually works.

Saving up for SD3 ,BFD 3 is a hot mess as regards to mapping atm.
Last edited by Smasha on Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There is a Cubase option in the setup or preferences somewhere, if I remember correctly. This has to be checked for BFD to map properly to Cubase. Someone else will probably be more specific for you.

DMG68 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:24 pm There is a Cubase option in the setup or preferences somewhere, if I remember correctly. This has to be checked for BFD to map properly to Cubase. Someone else will probably be more specific for you.
I think you are referring to "create map from instrument?"

I have already done that.

When I play the output note of G2 in the Steinberg mapper,it plays a crash sound but in BFD 3 itself the G2 sound is a Rototom.

Sigh.

Also I have noticed ,the China Cymbal and Ride Bell in BFD 3 is quiet compared to the rest of the cymbal sounds.

I turned on the loudness box for them and cranked them up but still quiet.

In SD 2, you can actually select different parts of a ride cymbal and assign midi notes to that part.

I can see different parts of a cymbal in BFD 3,but the midi note assignments for cymbals are greyed out compared to drums and the drum assignments are broken anyway.

BFD 3 is like stabbing in the dark.

BFD 3 it seems is broken software.

I would like to put this up on the BFD 3 forum but what forum is the best to use?

The BFD or Inmusic forum?

Should have just saved for SD 3.

I'm stupid.

I tried with ML Drums too.

Assigned all the proper input noters on my list from my Yamaha Multi 12 and put them in ML Drums.

Same result as BFD 3 ,sounds like a nanny goat pooping on a tin roof.

The ONLY drum instrument that actually works perfectly is SD 2,yes an old vsti Instrument.

BFD 3 and ML Drums mapping is wrong.

ML Drums can't even play the Snare drum right LOL.

Just stay with Superior Drummer,the others are broken.
Last edited by Smasha on Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”