AudioThing Dub Filter - King Tubby’s High Pass Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dub Filter

:oops:

careyletendre wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 am
kidslow wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 am
careyletendre wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 am I'm a little too old to keep up with modern musical trends.
Do explain. King Tubby ... modern musical trends!? :dog:

Osbourne Ruddock
aka King Tubby
Born 28 January 1941
Origin Kingston, Jamaica
Died 6 February 1989 (aged 48)
Thank you for bringing light to my inexcusable ignorance.
If only you'd used Google or Wikipedia.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

careyletendre wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 am Thank you for bringing light
Glad to see new tech introduce people to roots of modern culture (in case anyone wonders, I'm not being ironic. At this time in history there's more art than anyone can get to know, and culture enriches people's lives).

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm If only you'd used Google or Wikipedia.
KVR is a community, where people joke, go OT (as you do in this quote), engage in dialogue, ask for advice/views/help.

I'm sure this polite KVR user knows about Google. No reason to shame him, and thereby potentially scare off other community members who have questions they might be afraid to ask.

DMG68 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:16 pmYes, that’s much appreciated as well! You’re making brownie points here, great service and business philosophy! I have to get my offline key and save it…
Thank you! Indeed, saving the offline licenses is a wise decision, regardless of whether a product is discontinued or not.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

cptgone wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:57 pm ...which is a highly applaudable policy, that safeguards customers' investment.

More and more, these days, consumers are victimized by [huge] corps that can take away your purchase at any time (if it requires connecting to their servers), bully people into 'consenting', deny the right to repair...
It's not just about the "evil" aspect of it. Anything could happen to a business and its servers. It makes sense to ensure customers can still use their purchases, even if we are no longer around.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

cptgone wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm If only you'd used Google or Wikipedia.
KVR is a community, where people joke, go OT (as you do in this quote), engage in dialogue, ask for advice/views/help.

I'm sure this polite KVR user knows about Google. No reason to shame him, and thereby potentially scare off other community members who have questions they might be afraid to ask.
Thank you. Clearly, I was asking a simple question; go figure. And yes, I am aware of google and before that used web crawler, lycos, ask geeves, excite, infoseek, ad infinitum. Try and think of a question these days that can't be 'searched'.

I've been participating in KVR for over 20yrs (over 2 or 3 accounts) so I should have known better than to expect people to share knowledge here in a polite and respectful manner.

My mother passed away unexpectedly a few month ago and since then I've been guided by one prevailing principle: Live your life such that you have a net positive effect on this world because you may never know when it's too late to do something about it.

Carey

Condolences... re: your Mother. :hug:
careyletendre wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:23 am {...} since then I've been guided by one prevailing principle: Live your life such that you have a net positive effect on this world because you may never know when it's too late to do something about it.

Carey
Wisdom though oft seemingly rare, prevails (as 'guidance' back to a core principle) where "knowledge" all too frequently fails as a prompt to 'act', in accord with the best interests of a desired/aspired to higher leveled if not benevolent legacy {'epitaph'}.

Notwithstanding, we all struggle at times, to be the best we can be at any given moment. And truth be told, nothing more was, has, or ever can be asked of us, because nothing more, is possible... Persevere ... [2c]
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Have some free context:
viewtopic.php?p=8875278#p8875278

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:14 pm

Have some free context:
#whataboutism :clap:

careyletendre wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:09 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:14 pm

Have some free context:
#whataboutism :clap:
ah, something else you dont know the meaning of, then. you should check google, or wikipedia.

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:53 am
ah, something else you dont know the meaning of, then. you should check google, or wikipedia.
Wow, just let it go already.

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:53 amah, something else you dont know the meaning of, then. you should check google, or wikipedia.
You seem to me to be an unsurpassable peacock…

clivestretch wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:23 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:53 am
Wow, just let it go already.
you first.

Next up: the primary schoolyard comeback classic, "I know you are but what am I?"

Return to “Effects”