Arturia FX Rack Concept

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:25 pm Get Mulab and combine any vst you want wioth their native GUIs
Yeah, I must admit that I don't care much for such fx racks.

kmonkey wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:35 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:25 pm Get Mulab and combine any vst you want wioth their native GUIs
I think the point is that with Arturia's own solutions - presets are not DAW-related. They can be shared among people and used in any DAW. There are solutions like BlueCat Patchwork and few others but the point is to have a chain of presets not related to DAW
I think he talks about the Mulab VST to use like Patchwork or others... so would be DAW independent in any case

chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:39 pm
Yeah, I must admit that I don't care much for such fx racks.
Same for me... I couldn´t care less...

Trancit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am I think he talks about the Mulab VST to use like Patchwork or others... so would be DAW independent in any case
But it would be "one more plugin to install, maintain and support additionally" dependent no?

I would upgrade to an Arturia FX rack so fast, simply because I assume a lot of sound designers/patch makers would make a ton of presets for it (similar to Soundtoys), and I LOVE throwing random FX rack presets on to random sources!

kmonkey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm
Trancit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am I think he talks about the Mulab VST to use like Patchwork or others... so would be DAW independent in any case
But it would be "one more plugin to install, maintain and support additionally" dependent no?
This wouldn´t be the case if Arturia would release their own FX rack??

I would prefer the "company independent" rack alone for the reason that you can mix plugins from all developers which is rarely the case with company XYZ´s own ones...
I think the only one allowing this is the Waves Rack, isn´t it?
But Melda, kiloHearts, Soundtoys, IK Multimedia... etc... etc... allowing just for their own ones and I cannot imagine Arturia being here the exception...

Additionally especially the Mulab plugin has tons of other functionality very helpful in a subhost... well worth the effort (simple zip file extraction) of "installing, maintain and support additionally"

Next is this dev really worth to support as he really offers a fantastic quality and support by himself for very very little money...

Maybe this should be done in the DAW. I hereby request all DAW makers to include multiband FX routing, rack presets etc.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Actually another concept I wanted to put forward, it really should have its own thread but I'm feeling too lazy for that...

Reaktor/VCV Racks style modular synth with modules primarily based on their V & FX Collection and Pigments elements.

So for example, you could have several oscillators based on different vintage synths and even the Pigments granular engine. They could create several filter modules baed on different synths too. Then people could pick and choose, cable them however the want and come up with their own frankenstein hybrids.

^
That’s my line of thinking. They’re a announcing something big this week so maybe they’ve been listening!
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Return to “Effects”