Monorail

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gorgeous journey 😀
Beautiful composition and sounds.
Not sure why it hasn't got more listens, but, that's KVR
Top work 😁
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:52 am Not sure why it hasn't got more listens, but, that's KVR
Thanks Jethro.

When you've been on KvR as long as me, the personal loathing and hatred runs deep. I'm a KvR Soul.
:bang: :shock: :lol:

Well I liked it, and I also had another listen to 'The Memory Of Shoes' (great title!). :love:

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:05 pm Well I liked it, and I also had another listen to 'The Memory Of Shoes' (great title!). :love:
Cheers Donks.

Great atmosphere, meditative, with enough in the melodic lines to make it feel like it's continually evolving. Did you use any Shepard tone effect? It has the feeling of continually rising. Cool track.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:45 am Did you use any Shepard tone effect? It has the feeling of continually rising.
Thanks eassae.

It's not the Shepard effect, it's Frippertronics. Two strands on different instruments layered over each other, with a keyed melody laid over that. When it's not done with Fripp's New Standard Tuned guitar, the Frippertron gets you a decaying but repeating, slowly saturating, note stream that fades out behind its incoming notes. That's why you keep thinking it's getting higher. A sequence of notes getting higher keeps repeating but fading away.

I use a hand-made custom Frippertron effect built twenty years ago, using Reaktor 3. One of a number of my secret weapons.

Whilst on questions of sounds, what is the geetar on The Memory Of Shoes? Is it geetar (or samples of), or some very clever sinthesisering? Got a nicely telecaster-y sound whatever it is.

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:48 pm Whilst on questions of sounds, what is the geetar on The Memory Of Shoes? Is it geetar (or samples of), or some very clever sinthesisering? Got a nicely telecaster-y sound whatever it is.
Well my guitar is a new pots and pickups, well dicked about with, 50th anniversary Squier, one owner from new, currently wired with EB's cobalt slinkys. Can't remember how it was, then.

I did a lot of studying of Cocteau's Robin Guthrie's playing tricks. You know, watching the fingers and listening. Not a bloke to move his hands about much, Robin. And that's a very big part of the Twins, the bass player Raymonde did a lot of the key changes. Everything eardrum shatteringly loud, tape recorded drum machines, and way, way too hot at the top end. The subtleties of the strings disappear beneath the weight of the mix.

It always comes down to a single overboiled trick. If you want to sound like John Foxx use an MXR flanger. Instant Metamatic.

You can make a ukulele sound like a Les Paul if you've more plugins than sense. Oh well, another day, another grudge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0upaIZF_gA

HanafiH wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:15 pm It's not the Shepard effect, it's Frippertronics.
Cool. I spent some time this morning exploring Frippertronics.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

HanafiH wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

You can make a ukulele sound like a Les Paul if you've more plugins than sense. Oh well, another day, another grudge.

My Variax does a very good banjo. The neighbours love it. :scared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaIvK19Zqk

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am
My Variax does a very good banjo. The neighbours love it. :scared:
One of the features of Robert Fripp that usually gets overlooked is his tendency to shout Oh Bollocks at the top of his voice when he drops a note. I can't get the link I wanted to post, to post properly.

Oh Bollocks.

Good track, made me think of scuba diving for some reason 8)

Nice and floating... harmony-wise you could have done a better job with more change. I just have some ideas. Nevertheless, it is very well mixed. Only the snare seems to be a bit weak. But could be intention.

Creates a very interesting mood and atmosphere. Reminds me a bit of Tangerine Dream with this somewhat trance-like and chilled mood. Good work!

Return to “Music Cafe”