Visco sample-modeling drum machine by Forever 89

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From the standpoint of animating a one shot sample, this appears to be like what I hoped Klevgrand's One Shot was going to be. I still need to play with both demos, but Klevgrand is a bit daunting to behold. Like, when I try to find out what it does, I only wind up finding out what ELSE it does.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:35 pm Does anyone know if there's an official list of feature requests somewhere? I sure would love a simple volume control that's always available on the right of the gui. Having to jump to the mixer to wiggle levels is a bummer.
I asked them if they were thinking about planning a QOL feature via email. They responded they're a very small team so can't necessarily guarantee it right now even if it's on their "wishlist". I accept that, seeing a public FR checklist as counterproductive unless a majority of target customers are willing to be very patient (I've seen it work somewhat for Sononym but that's a different/niche crowd and it is an incredibly good tool).

The sense I get is the team is proceeding judiciously, putting in the work and iterating in a way that ensures the long-term goal of a complete product. So if there are deal-breaking features you'd like I encourage contacting them and deciding from there.

We've seen them implement features discussed here whether they thought of it first or encouraged by it, and they're clearly thoughtful about what makes this tool good and immediately usable.

Very fun and a new drum plugin I absolutely didn't need. Between this an the new Triaz, things are hopping right now

yellowmix wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:35 pm Does anyone know if there's an official list of feature requests somewhere? I sure would love a simple volume control that's always available on the right of the gui. Having to jump to the mixer to wiggle levels is a bummer.
I asked them if they were thinking about planning a QOL feature via email. They responded they're a very small team so can't necessarily guarantee it right now even if it's on their "wishlist". I accept that, seeing a public FR checklist as counterproductive unless a majority of target customers are willing to be very patient (I've seen it work somewhat for Sononym but that's a different/niche crowd and it is an incredibly good tool).

The sense I get is the team is proceeding judiciously, putting in the work and iterating in a way that ensures the long-term goal of a complete product. So if there are deal-breaking features you'd like I encourage contacting them and deciding from there.

We've seen them implement features discussed here whether they thought of it first or encouraged by it, and they're clearly thoughtful about what makes this tool good and immediately usable.

I've spoken with both of the people from the company they're super cool. I bought the thing as soon as I verified that it wouldn't crash my computer. Even if they don't really do anything other than stability update, it's still a good buy for me. I've spent more money on things that are far less useful.

For a tiny company they're doing fine. I'm just excited by these types of (resynthesis) tools.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:59 pm Please to merge this with Atlas.
+1

cptgone wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:21 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:59 pm Please to merge this with Atlas.
+1
Atlas needs a bunch of gui tweaks on its own first, and to not overload the output by default

I'd like to test Visco, but the GUI of 1.0.7 won't open on my Windows 10 laptop. Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried to run it in Reaper, Kushview Element, DDMF Metaplugin and Xlutop VST3shell, but unfortunately no success...

I've been noticing something with Visco not following the DAW transport reliably. I'm only aware of the issue while using the current version of Bitwig, I haven't tried anything else yet.

When setting the plugin to follow host transport, it often will not start unless the track Visco on is selected. Has anyone else seen something similar? Have I missed an option I need to change?
Lost in translation processing

Hi, this is Rikard from F89, the company that makes Visco.

I just wanted to say that I've seen all the requests in this thread and added them to our wishlist. Being a small company (and wanting to achieve a lot of things), it's important that we evaluate each topic from a holistic point of view to determine when/if it makes sense to explore and deliver on it.

Feel free to keep suggesting things, we try to keep up with all comments, and you can always request things by sending us an email at support@forever89.studio or by joining our discord.

Thanks for the great input this far, please keep it coming :)

skwrl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:05 pm I've been noticing something with Visco not following the DAW transport reliably. I'm only aware of the issue while using the current version of Bitwig, I haven't tried anything else yet.

When setting the plugin to follow host transport, it often will not start unless the track Visco on is selected. Has anyone else seen something similar? Have I missed an option I need to change?
This sounds like a bug I've never heard about before — can you send us a screen recording and we'll have a look at it asap!

aabaeke wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:40 am
skwrl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:05 pm I've been noticing something with Visco not following the DAW transport reliably. I'm only aware of the issue while using the current version of Bitwig, I haven't tried anything else yet.

This sounds like a bug I've never heard about before — can you send us a screen recording and we'll have a look at it asap!
That is rather typical in Bitwig and often happens with plugins that are self-generating as in creating output without any input. Bitwig is sending them to sleep since it assumes that when nothing goes in, the plugin isn't needed. It's a bit over-eager there... ;-)
I've seen that with many sequencers, drum machines etc.

You can either set the "Suspend" Mode for the plugin in Inspector to "Never" instead of "Trust Plugin" (and save that as your default preset), or the devs could look into how to tell Bitwig that Visco is indeed alive and kicking instead of asleep ;-)
IIRC there is some kind of VST notification stuff for that scenario.
That's the "Trust Plugin" thing AFAIK.

Cheers!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:24 am
aabaeke wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:40 am

That is rather typical in Bitwig and often happens with plugins that are self-generating as in creating output without any input. Bitwig is sending them to sleep since it assumes that when nothing goes in, the plugin isn't needed. It's a bit over-eager there... ;-)
I've seen that with many sequencers, drum machines etc.

You can either set the "Suspend" Mode for the plugin in Inspector to "Never" instead of "Trust Plugin" (and save that as your default preset), or the devs could look into how to tell Bitwig that Visco is indeed alive and kicking instead of asleep ;-)
IIRC there is some kind of VST notification stuff for that scenario.
That's the "Trust Plugin" thing AFAIK.

Cheers!

Tom
Thanks for the input Tom! I'll reach out to my buddy at Bitwig and see what we can do about this, and add the info about to our FAQ. Highly appreciate that you took the time to answer!

You are very welcome - I've been bitten by this a lot so it sounded familiar right away ;-)

Cheers!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Sounds great. Curious what is the limit for sample length?

camsr wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:01 am Sounds great. Curious what is the limit for sample length?
From their Discord server: "The first 750 ms of sound is represented, and what comes after is approximated by an exponential decay."
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

Return to “Instruments”