Baby Audio BA-1 synth out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BA-1

Baby Audio can you add sine waves? they are great for bell like tones and the synth already have some fm i think with sines it will be fire :hug: :hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

What an amazing sounding thing this little baby is!! It can be big and really, really nasty, with massive bottom end presence (if not outright bottom end), or it can be creamy smooth, way up into the higher registers.

It does amazing, lush strings, from mellow to tortured and everything in-between. Big nasty lead sounds practically fall out of it every time you move a few controls. Everything about it feels really well judged, which is probably born of it being modelled from a Yamaha hardware synth, but Baby Audio have done a great job with the extra features, too. The Drive is very useful and the reverb sounds great. It really is a quality piece of kit and my new go-to instrument.

To be completely fair, though, it's not all roses. I've not managed to get a really good bass patch from it yet, although I've got a few OK things. I also find that the maximum depth of LFO modulation is pretty lame, it could do with a lot more depth. The Sidechain feature can help here. (It's a weird feature to include, though, don't you think?)

I am blown way that this thing has been out for almost a year now. If you'd asked me, I'd have said I got it a few months ago, maybe around November last year or something. Getting old sux!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:52 am What an amazing sounding thing this little baby is!! It can be big and really, really nasty, with massive bottom end presence (if not outright bottom end), or it can be creamy smooth, way up into the higher registers.

It does amazing, lush strings, from mellow to tortured and everything in-between. Big nasty lead sounds practically fall out of it every time you move a few controls. Everything about it feels really well judged, which is probably born of it being modelled from a Yamaha hardware synth, but Baby Audio have done a great job with the extra features, too. The Drive is very useful and the reverb sounds great. It really is a quality piece of kit and my new go-to instrument.

To be completely fair, though, it's not all roses. I've not managed to get a really good bass patch from it yet, although I've got a few OK things. I also find that the maximum depth of LFO modulation is pretty lame, it could do with a lot more depth. The Sidechain feature can help here. (It's a weird feature to include, though, don't you think?)

I am blown way that this thing has been out for almost a year now. If you'd asked me, I'd have said I got it a few months ago, maybe around November last year or something. Getting old sux!
Can you please post some audio? I'm still on the fence about it, and have until the end of the month to catch the sale. Thanks in advance!
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

cdbaksu wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:44 am Can you please post some audio? I'm still on the fence about it, and have until the end of the month to catch the sale. Thanks in advance!
There is a demo https://babyaud.io/free-trials

I don't really have any means of uploading audio to anywhere you could play it (Soundcloud won't let me upload anything, for some reason) but, as db3 says, you can download the demo and hear for yourself.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Tell me, how is the CPU usage?

Not bad. Playing four note chords shows around 7% with my 12th Gen Core i7 laptop processor. For comparison, Obsession uses around 6% playing the same chords with a similar brass patch, Hive uses 7-8%, Pigments 10-12% and RePro 5 was over 20%.

^Thanks mate

If you want to hear some Synthwave type sound, listen to the second section of this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkjNpa9rLa8

I'm really upset with you. I purchased your expansion pack for the BA-1 synth and I didn't receive a link to download it. I feel ripped off

Go to your user account and download it from there.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Thanks for answering me, BONES
I'm still waiting for an E-mail from them to get into my user account

Shopping with Baby Audio
A link to download your software - will be emailed to you "INMEDIATELY" after checkout
5 days waiting for the "INMEDIATELY" e-mail
I sent an e-mail to support@babyaud.io (mailto:support@babyaud.io) four days ago and nobody replied it

What kind of support is that?

They have my money and I have nothing
Sorry, but this is the worst service I've ever seen in my life!

MrNagarma wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 pm ...
I sent an e-mail to support@babyaud.io four days ago and nobody replied it
If you didn't already try it, you may use another email (if available) to join them.
It sometimes makes the difference.
YMMV of course...

Thanks nordickvr, but they don't have another email. It's so frustrating

Use a different email address to send them the email. Maybe your emails are going to their spam folders or their emails are going to yours.

Return to “Instruments”